Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Insanity's WIPz
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Okay so I have a new PC, starting to get back into modding, so I thought a WIPz/To-do thread would be good for me, that way I can show my BM and Non BM WIPz and keep track of everything I have claimed.

To-Do:

Soulrest Interiors
Frog Texture
Grass Textures
Mud Textures
Swamp Textures

Completed:

Nothing yet, yes I'm slow xD

Note: If there is something you need and think I can do it, post here and I'll take a shot at it Big Grin
I'll be interested to see what you come up with.
I hope don't dissapoint Big Grin, Okay gonna make a start on the Turtle man texture.
Started on the Shell Texture:

Shell WIP

Currently working on the inner part of the shell, this part won't be seen since the shell is on the back and the underneath bit is hidden, but I'll be able transfer it to the body texture.

What is the texture size limit?, Currently working at 1024x1024, is that too big?

Edit: WIP 2
Quote:Originally posted by InsanitySorrow
Started on the Shell Texture:

Shell WIP

Currently working on the inner part of the shell, this part won't be seen since the shell is on the back and the underneath bit is hidden, but I'll be able transfer it to the body texture.

What is the texture size limit?, Currently working at 1024x1024, is that too big?

Edit: WIP 2

Hi IS,

What "turtle man" are you talking about? I know we are using a "teenage mutant ninja turtle" race created by someone else, to change it into a "frog-like" race - the Paatru. So our froggy race shouldn't have a shell on it's back.

We can still use your shell though, probably as part of an armor set in the future. So don't let me stop you or anything.

Koniption
Quote:Originally posted by Koniption
Hi IS,

What "turtle man" are you talking about? I know we are using a "teenage mutant ninja turtle" race created by someone else, to change it into a "frog-like" race - the Paatru. So our froggy race shouldn't have a shell on it's back.

We can still use your shell though, probably as part of an armor set in the future. So don't let me stop you or anything.

Koniption

Frog texture, damn I knew I had to do something with the turtle :lmao:, Yup that's the one, guess I just confuzed myself here.
That's probably me confusing you. I had referred to the TMNT mod as the original source of what we had been planning for the Paatru but didn't send you the exact files that we had adapted because I couldn't find the damn things! X(

Never mind. I found them now and made sure that all of the items are in there. Here they are: http://www.humyo.com/FMVtRdg/Paatru2.rar?a=PO7GZPQiqYc . Don't ask me what the nif called 'bald' is there for though...I haven't a clue!

Needless to say that this set of files includes no shell....although it is temporarily using the base texture of the TMNTs from Corthian original mod. Just looking at the texture used here, it looks like it's a 1024x1024 texture considering the fact that it's about 1,366kb. I'm pretty sure that's what those size textures normally come out at.

Btw, if you're fancying work on textures then I could probably use a hand with developing the Arnesian Jungle and East Coast regions. I could advise you what to go for here but if you take a look at the (mainly mania) textures I used in the Naga-Cradle Jungle then you won't be far off the sort of thing I'm looking for. As for the East Coast, it's quite rocky near the aptly named 'RockPark'. With the transfer to my new PC I'm struggling to find some screenshots so I have no visual reference but DoZeNt's shot of this Thai beach in the third shot down: Some Landscaping sweets... should give you some idea. However, it would be more densely-packed, use mainly mania rocks and be a kind of split-level affair with on-foot access over the rocks. I've attached some pics of the rock textures I'm currently adapting but other textures to go with them are still undecided....
Got them.

Looking at the original mod, the textures are twice that, 2048x2048, overkill really considering the level of detail in them. Compare that to OB that mostly uses 512x512, I think there are a few higher res ones, but not many IIRC.

I still need to DL BM, put it off since the last PC wasn't that good, but I'll get it installed and take a look.

I can see by that shot there, the textures are quite dark, have quite a bit of colour and are very dirty/mossy. I could replicate that style through other textures you need, just need to know what you want, or ideas of what you'd like to see in the area.
Yes, 512x512 could very well do the trick. As an example, one of my favourite textures for the unique Argonians we have is the Saurian. It seems that the maximum size for the Saurian character textures is 171 kb which is probably less than 512x512 (except for a disproportionately large 1028x1028 hair texture) and these skins work beautifully!

Oh, and I remembered where I posted that rough 'RockPark' idea now. It was the first pic in this post: City Planning Thread 3 - Lilmoth . I'm hoping it will be like a maze of rock walls and hanging vines. I could send you a bunch of textures I'm playing around with if you'd like to take a look at them...?
1024x1024 is best used for larger textures because more is shown, hair could problably be half the size since they're never that detailed.

Sure you can send them, I'll take a good look Big Grin, Things should move a little quicker with some help.
Pages: 1 2 3