Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Elsweyr Claims Map
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is a LOD texture export with the cell boundaries and water switched on to give a map to use as the basis for claims allocation.

This includes the near neighbourhood - at least some of which will need work.

So - how do we break this up? I suppose each city and its immediate surroundings will form a claim; and the countryside can be parcelled out within each climate zone.

[Image: Elsweyr%20Cells.jpg]
Works for me
Updated version of the map to show the claim regions.

The dashed black line is the "official" border of Elsweyr, as shown on the in-game map. The solid black line shows the proposed playable boundary. We know Elsweyr has control of the west bank of the Xylo, and you can see the grey smudge of the Xylo Gorge top left. I couldn't create the Xylo any further east without hideous damage to the Dune Canyon area, so the best fudge I can think of is "Occupied Territory." How much we'll actually put out there I don't know - but it's all region genned.

To the North and East the boundary is pretty much the same as the Vanilla Cyrodiil border.

[Image: Elsweyr%20Claim%20Regions.jpg]

The Ciy Exterior regions are single-piece claims. I've included a bit of countryside around each city for urban overspill.

The other regions still need to be sliced up into bite-sized pieces so they can actually be claimed.
Going 8 cells of playable into Valenwood's area is quite extreme, I can imagine 3-4 cells at the most. Otherwise that is a fantastic looking claims map!
I agree, actually. I tried to get the Xylo Gorge to follow the country border but it just wouldn't fit it in - so the occupied west bank lore reference puts the limit of occupied territory as (-27, -10) - 6 cells into nominal Valenwood territory.

Further south, though, we can pull the border in to follow the map boundary more closely. I'll need to spend a bit of time reviewing the heightmap to decide the most playable location for it.

I don't think we'll be issuing any claims more than 2-3 cells beyond the map border anyway, unless we have a very specific need for them.
Presumably, bits of it change hands every few months or so? I very much doubt people will complain if it's slightly out. This is still by far the most lore-accurate heightmap that's ever been done for Oblivion.
Since the two countries aren't actually at war, I'd have thought the location of the border mostly just depends on who you ask. It's all pretty dense forest in that area.
That's true. I was thinking along the lines of not much being there, except maybe the occasional Bosmer headhunter party that never got told the war was over...
There'd be room for a whole "Heart of Darkness" submod up there if we ever had the time... now that could be fun! Oh well, back to the job at hand....