Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Exploration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Elsweyr Confederacy is now a real place! Region generation is complete. The heightmap itself is largely Nirn Incognita as yet, so this thread is the place for intrepid explorers to record their discoveries!

In particular we need to identify good spots for villages, camps, hideouts, dungeon entrances etc. I don't think these show up well in the CS, and tromping about on foot is the best way to see the scenery.

To get started, the cities of Elsweyr are:

Corinth (0, -30)
Dune (-16, -5)
Orcrest (-4, -8)
Riverhold (-5, 0)
Rimmen (12, -10)
Torval (-10, -40)
Senchal (13, -48)

A few spots I've picked out:

I think Sheeraln should be round about (-10, -2)
("Sheeraln is a small market town a few miles west of Riverhold." TIC p.144)

The hilltops in the Rim Highlands have some great little hollows for secret camps:
(-1, -2)
(5,-11) / (6,-11)

There's a narrow river that runs from the Eastern highlands above Corinth, at around (8, -29), right across the border of Tenmar forest and spills into the Lower Xylo through Torval. This is the river I experimentally modded for the screenshots in Tenmar Forest .

There's a ridge between the western highlands at (-13, -22) and Valenwood that passes between the Upper and Lower Xylo Rivers. This is a strategic pinch-point and would have been fortified just about forever.

Any other observations and comments please pitch in below!
Theres a nice little hollow for a pond, cave or camp at -8,-33
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb249...Shot20.jpg