Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: TSRI0106 "Blackrose: Sophoclius Neuces' House" (Claimed)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Official 'Black Marsh' Interior Claim: Blackrose: Sophoclius Neuces' House

[/HR]

Sophoclius Neuces' House
AVAILABILITY: Claimed by JB3

[/HR]

[Image: Untitled.jpg]

[/HR]

Description & Details

[/HR]

The abode of the disgraced former Imperial Governor of the Rose Prison. He had the misfortune to be on duty during the worst security breach in the province's history, and was summarily discharged from the army as a result. With no family to go back to, this broken man has remained in the city, a lonely presence in a squalid converted Lilmothlit building. He remains bitter against the Imperial army, convinced that he was "set up" to take the blame for the escape of many of the inmates. Although most people dismiss him as a self-justifying conspiracy theorist, perhaps there is some truth to some of his allegations.... The home should be a mixture of poor furniture and a few upperclass traces of his former glory that he managed to sneak out of his office before he was fired.

[/HR]

At-a-glance Details

[/HR]
Interior Name: BMNatBlamorcroft02DZ
Region: Talu Swamps
Settlement: Blackrose
Architecture: Blackrose Set
Exterior cell coordinates: (tbc)
Claim Size & Difficulty: Medium.
Inhabitants: The owners have not been created yet.
Mission Connections: None as yet .
NPCs: 1. The NPC must have (full) dialogue and AI. Please choose an appropriate race (this can be discussed, if needs be). Don't forget the pathgrid for them. The NPC is already named but you may change the name if necessary, so please discuss this and other details in the claims discussion thread ('General Info' below). Here is JK's tutorial on dialogue: Dialogue Tutorial .
General Info: Please keep up to date on associated topics in the: Claims Discussion Forums .

[/HR]

How to mod your interior

Interior modding carries with it the same responsibilities as it does on our father project, Silgrad Tower. This means that there will need to be NPCs, Containers, Lighting etc. For a really nice checklist that is very, very thorough, try this one from Zurke: A handy checklist to create an interior for ST . Zurke is the most experienced and prolific interior modder I know of so it's all good advice.

[/HR]

Cluttering your Interior

This, like many of our claims, is a mini-claim which means that you can use the existing vanilla layout or delete everything in there and start over. However, whichever method you choose, you will need to bear in mind the need to replace many of the vanilla items with our own BM objects (whichever are appropriate to the owner and the purpose of the building). For more information about mini-claims, read this: Interiors Strategy .

Please try to use the BM objects as much as possible. And try to consider the story behind the owner of the house (which you may adapt unless stated) and add clutter as appropriate to them and the particular locations. This might include foodstuffs, flora, cutlery, paintings, tribal items, custom furniture, bedding and maybe a desk if this interior involves using the NPC as a trader. There are now LOTS of cultural objects for Argonian dwellings including cupboards, rootchairs and so on but other races can use some of our own items too, especially race-neutral objects such as cutlery, ingredients and books. Please ask or check this thread to find out more: Clutter Advice .

Please remember to light the area. Imperial lighting should mainly be used in Gideon and we have few lighting options that are especially unique so please consider SI lights as well if they fit with the interior. If you have any further suggestions, requests for models and so on then please consult this thread: Furnitures & Clutters or this one: http://www.silgrad.com/wbb2/thread.php?threadid=11447. Just ask if you have any special ideas for extra models.

Have fun! :goodjob:
I adjusted this claim. :check:
Time for a new claim, isn't it? Big Grin Hinald and Jastopha was done.

So if I grab this claim, will someone feel like "Argh, I wanted this one. Now I can't do it. Grrr".

In short: can I claim this claim? Big Grin :banana: :yes: :bananarock:
Quote:Originally posted by jb3
So if I grab this claim, will someone feel like "Argh, I wanted this one. Now I can't do it. Grrr".

Yes, that happens to me a few times, especially now my time is being viciously stolen from other areas in RL. Big Grin

Claim granted. :check:
Done. See the file attached.

Work performed:
  • Clutter
  • Lighting
  • NPC
  • Pathgrids
  • Full AI: Sleep, Eat, Read, Wander (working OK, tested)
  • Dialogue (working OK, tested.)
  • Story idea prepared, based on the description of the claim (Nothing too serious this time.)
  • Readables (Diary, Notes)
  • Door ownership changed, key provided to the NPC
  • Bed and chest ownership changed
  • XMarker created
  • Northmarker created
You still need to:
  • Maybe adjust the Northmarker a little, if needed.
  • Add the roof (see below).
Some issues found:
  • Modelling issue. The interior mesh doesn't have the roof. It needs to be added to the mesh.
Let me know what you think. Comments appreciated, so I can improve in the future.
It looks perfect to me, JB! Great work! :goodjob:

I would have this merged but I think we need to keep this thread here just so that the file can be merged once the 'open' model has been replaced by a proper 'int' model on the outside. One important point here is that the walls of the 'int' model are wider than those of the 'open' model, meaning that the items you have placed, especially those attached to the walls, will need to be adjusted accordingly or they will look like they're floating.

Great work but there are just two points that you couldn't really have known about, however:
  1. Sophoclius' Diary cannot use that texture as it's reserved for the Holy Book of the Constantinian Order in Stormhold. I'd recommend either: bmlnoctavo11, bmlnquarto11, bmlnfolio09 or the best choice for diaries IMO bmcinjournal.
  2. BMBannerSoul, and others like it, cannot be used either as it belongs exclusively to Soulrest and the area surrounding it.
    [/list=1]

Btw, sorry for not being quick to respond lately. I have this unusual situation lately of actually having my attentions sought by a real woman (and not one with pixellated breasts)!!! Things are becoming a little more normal in terms of the time I have free though.... =)
Good good. Nice feedback, very productive. Give me a day or two to make all the modifications.

BTW, remember I've mentioned about grabbing a ST claim? I'm actually glad I did that, since I could learn much from it. See this thread, great comments from sandor! :goodjob: You can make your work more... precise after taking the feedback into consideration. What I'm saying is what I learnt from ST I adopt into BM claims.

Do we have the 'proper int model', as you called it? Couldn't we simply stick to the internal walls, assuming there is some space needed for the wall, between the internal and external surfaces? I remember morcroft posted that he would simply eliminate the external walls in the model.

Good to hear you're involved with your gf. Good for you. Lol @ no pixellated breasts...
Yes, I'm afraid to say that we really are best off with those interior models. It's not a big problem. I can just reset things if necessary. I have often had this quandary in waiting for sandor to update the esm, as I feel the need to move on sharply after my last bit of work. The problem is that if you introduce the same models twice then it creates more problems once it's merged. It's no bother though. I can pretty much consider it done once those tweaks are sorted. :check:

The best thing is that sandor does a good job with the merging so it's worth working around any impending changes wherever possible. And yes, he's ace at pointing stuff like that out (highly experienced and very thorough). =)
Both issues addressed. See the file attached.
  1. Sophoclius' Diary texture: bmcinjournal it is.
  2. BMBannerSoul changed to BMBannerGrid.
    [/list=1]
Cheers, JB3. I added it to the esm thread to be merged. I'll keep this thread open here just to remind us to adjust the open model for an interior model. :check: