Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Stupas of Elsweyr
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After a few weeks of research and procrastination, I finally feel confident enough to share my concept work on the Stupas.

These are more contemporary in design, I plan to make older/more ancient Stupas-Stone Cairn like structures at some point. The Stupas range from single tier to three, at the front the seal of the deceased's affiliated group (ja-Kha'jay-ian priesthood, Pellitine Merchants, an Anequina Noble, etc etc). Below the seal would be an facade vigil of the deceased in the form of an idol or statue under an Arch. As each Stupa ranges in size, each would be topped by an ornament of sorts, based on their social structure (Twin Moons for JKJ, A spade or chevron for warriors, etc). On the first pic to the left of the more rendered Stupa, would be accessory pieces, like a Brazier or something to that effect burning incense (can't think of the word right now) followed by Obelisks, or could be used as Street Lanterns.

Hope you all enjoy was fun to delve into this one.

[Image: ECStupasCompF.jpg]
[Image: ECStupasCompF2.jpg]
Those look real good to me - and you're right there should be different degrees of antiquity.

You're probably thinking of a "censer" - not to be confused with a censor who won't let you see rude pictures.... And good idea for the tomb below the stupa.

Do you have specific designs for the seals? Again, line-art will be really useful!
Ah, Censer... thanks a bunch Big Grin

Regarding the Seals for other factions, I haven't started on any but I have a few basic ideas. If you all have any suggestions go for it.

-JKJ 'Priesthood'/Monks
-Pa'alatiin
-Ne Quin-al
-smaller/misc. group(s)
After a few hours I came up with these...

[Image: ECSealsF.jpg]

The Pa'alatiin seal I'm a little iffy on, but I like the way Ne Quin-al came out.
Win.

You've nailed these Kyoushu. You took the feedback, and came up with some amazing concept art that looks 100% oringinal and like it truly belongs in Elsweyr.

Could you please upload a .psd of the seals, and in future all other texture/pattern work? That way it's very easy for me (or someone else) to make a texture I can just slap onto a model, rather than playing around with a select tool in photoshop or redrawing it.
After a hectic day I managed to crank this out...

[Image: StoneCairnStupaF.jpg]

Top right: Stone Cairn
Bottom left: 'Proto' Stupa

Wanted to make these look their age, thou I'm no expert in the lore department; maybe late Merethic or early 1st era for the Stone Cairn and Late 1st Era or Early 2nd Era (proto) Stupa. The early Stupas would have evolved from the Stone Cairns with subtle changes, like covered in Stucco and a Megalithic stone with markings of the deceased affiliation.