Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Road to Rimmen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Been working on the Orcrest road near Rimmen - there's a couple of big ravines to be crossed. I've installed TOYB's Imperial Bridge - with plinth extensions and end sections I've added.

Also made a culvert bridge to use for crossing gullies.

A few screenies:

[Image: th_RimmenRoad01.jpg] [Image: th_RimmenRoad02.jpg] [Image: th_RimmenRoad03.jpg]

[Image: th_RimmenRoad04.jpg] [Image: th_RimmenRoad05.jpg] [Image: th_RimmenRoad06.jpg]
Very nice models you have there.
That bridge on pic #2 looks good, but I think that the texture is really too dark and doesn't fit in landscape. Think that bridge builders would probably use local stone for a small bridge like that. So maybe it would look better if you'd use a similar texture.
You are right - it is intended to be local stone. It's currently the same stone as Corinth's walls and isn't quite as much too dark as it appears: part of the effect is lighting, and part of it is the way the drylands rock texture looks as a ground texture. But it is a bit dark, yes. I'm planning a slightly more bleached texture for it before release.
I've retextured. You should be able to see a better texture now I've added these two bridges:

[Image: th_RimmenRoad08.jpg] [Image: th_RimmenRoad09.jpg] [Image: th_RimmenRoad10.jpg] [Image: th_RimmenRoad07.jpg]

I've also created a full set of road signs for use in the dry northern regions. I'll need to retex for the wetter areas.

[Image: th_Roadsigns01.jpg]