Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: The Mane's Palace
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
From the 1st PGE
Quote:Torval is the city-state of Elsweyr's spiritual and temporal ruler, the Mane. He and his tribe live here in stately and exotic palaces built from massive timbers of Valenwood oak, whose territorial borders are only a few hundred miles away. Symmetrical sugarcane gardens surround these palaces, where the Mane is often seen in day-long meditations atop his palanquin, held up by his inexhaustible cathay-raht servants.

Is there any other descriptions of the Palaces in the Lore?

Thought I'd post a brainstorming thread before I do any concept work...
Nothing useful from me, I'm afraid - although it may be worth pointing out that on the scale of Oblivion, Valenwood's territorial borders are more like a few hundred meters away!
That is the only description of Torval given in TES lore, as far as I know.
Quote:massive timbers of Valenwood oak
I'm assuming these would be like Redwoods in real life (in terms of scale)?

Quote:Valenwood's territorial borders are more like a few hundred meters away!
Quite a logistical feat indeed.
Something of the kind, certainly. I guess they might mean those walking Valenwood trees which you'd actually have to hunt, though, but I'm not sure.
Hmm, alot to take in...

Initially I've thought of how Pagodas are built, a mainly Wooden structure, but having stonework used in the foundation. But trying to keep to the same feel that I did with the Stupas, only more interior space/accessible. Which leaves me to my final question...

In terms of ingame scale, would these Palaces be on the scale of say, the Imperial Palace (width, not height!) or one of the Castles/Forts, etc?
If I was you I would make it really quite over the top, bordering on insanity.
Being the religious leader of Elsweyr and all Khajits in Nirn, I would expect it to be quite tall and tower of the rest of the city so the Manes power could be felt all around Torval.

Kinda like this [Image: emirates_palace.jpg] (Except obviously with Valenwood wood.)

That's just my two cents.
It should probably be one of the largest (if not the largest) structure in the province, because it's not just his personal palace but also a major religious and administrative centre, and home of his personal guard.

Think desert Vatican City, basically.
I agree with AIP & Deeza - although Torval is coastal rainforest so more jungle Vatican....
Another tidbit I noticed...

Quote:stately and exotic palaces

So the Mane has more than one palace? Sounds like a Saudi Prince, filthy rich off Petr... erm Moon Sugar. If that is the case of more than one palace, would that deter the scale?
Pages: 1 2