Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Tents
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Roughed out Khajiit nomad camp using a combination of tent work by Shewter and myself.

[Image: NomadCamp01.jpg]

Inside the medium tent:

[Image: NomadCamp02.jpg]

None of this is really to go in - just testing models that will be in the next modding release Real Soon Now. Just thought I'd share the screenies.
That's looking really excellent mate -when you add the versions into the masterfile, remember to make a couple variants of the tent(s) so they can be retexed later (specifically, a different colour for the medium tent to distinguish it from the larger one).

Also, the interior for the middle class tent with those details looks great -though it does put me in the mood to model some decorations for it, but they won't be ready for a while.
I think the large tent is so big there should be only a very few ( one to three ) in the whole country, used for special purposes, so there's not much point in making more than one. I can add a couple of duplicates for the medium tent.

Retexing may be a bit tricky, though, as I had to make a highly customised texture for a rolled-up tent door flap I added to the model:

[Image: th_NomadCamp05.jpg]

The idea here is that there is a main weatherproof doorflap made as part of the outside of the tent, which is normally kept rolled up above the door except in bad weather (no I'm not scripting it to change..!!). A higher-quality cloth is then hung from rings inside for privacy - and to give us something to use for the door-link!

So I made a rolled end texture for the flap - just concentric donuts seems good enough but it had to be made & normal-mapped in Blender. So a retex will really need the texture re-baking in Blender and re-applying the ambient occlusion.

Oh and a couple more screenies before I junk this test file.

[Image: th_NomadCamp03.jpg] [Image: th_NomadCamp04.jpg]