Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: The Common Tongue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
do you think that perhaps it is a good idea to have a quest or two involving the Common Tongue?
perhaps this publishing group has gone underground in Redoran territory where Helseth has less influence?

what are you guys' thoughts on The Common Tongue and if they should appear in our mods?
If we're going to have a newspaper then my personal opinion is that a regional one would be better, because then we wouldn't have to worry about what happened / is happening in Mournhold. I know I would have a hard time writing for a paper like the Common Tongue, because... well... Tribunal never really caught my interest, and I'm not overly familiar with what went on in the expansion pack.

My guess is we'll see a lot of modders coming into the team who never played Morrowind at all, and they would have an even harder time getting to grips with TES3: Tribunal. Whereas with a regional paper we could just explain the broad strokes of the culture and history of our region if they need more to go on then what the actual mod can tell them.

I dunno, just my two cents.
was the common tongue a newspaper? i thought it was just a one shot deal...
I agree with razorwing, a regional paper would be better then concentrating on a certain area
true... but the Common Tongue was an anti-Helseth truthful propoganda that wanted to get Helseth out...
it was meant to go all over Morrowind... and it wasn't one-shot... it was a secret society spreading it everywhere

...but regional would be easier? ...not by much though.... not in my opinion
personaly i also think regional would be much easier.
Roger, are you just mimicing me? Anyway, It seems like a good idea to expand the Common Tongue in scope. I believe there will be newsletters that update in Oblivion, so we would just have to do some copy and paste scripting wise.

It would really add to the atmosphere to be walking through Balmora on business and pick up a paper, reading about a house battle you were just envolved in.

Ask M'Aiq news section Big Grin
it's called agreeing, not mimicing... Confusedlap:
You just said it exactly the same way Big Grin
Quote:Originally posted by Harikari
It would really add to the atmosphere to be walking through Balmora on business and pick up a paper, reading about a house battle you were just envolved in.

Ask M'Aiq news section Big Grin

Yeah, but this is on the Silgrad board, and it was in that spirit I posted above. I don't have an opinion on the Common Tongue in the Vvardenfell mod. Or in the Silgrad mod for that matter. Smile
Pages: 1 2