Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Corinth progress
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: Corinth09.jpg]

Corinth stands at the very heart of Elsweyr. To the North lie the arid scrub and grasslands of Anequina; to the South, Tenmar Forest and the rest of Pelletine.

[Image: Corinth08.jpg]

The oldest Kasbah-style buildings protected from heat and occasional bandit raiders but when war broke out between north and south a great pallisade wall was built to secure the extended settlement.

Corinth viewed from the Western Highlands:

[Image: Corinth05.jpg]

.. and from the Eastern fringes of Tenmar:

[Image: Corinth06.jpg]

The forest can be reached directly through Tenmar Gate to the southeast

[Image: Corinth07.jpg]

but the major roads are served by gatehouses to the North and West.

[Image: Corinth10.jpg]

No models made yet for either the palace or the remaining buildings. These could be middle and lower class buildings with the wealthy living in the Kasbahs but it could be that the rich moved out of the cramped Kasbah and into airier premises once the pallisade was built - leaving the Kasbah as a bit of a slum. That might make for a more interesting area.

[Image: Corinth11.jpg]

Opinions welcome!

The city is now sealed off so I'm not sure whether I'll do much more inside since it can't really be explored without an awful lot of additional work.
Excellent work! Definitely a great looking city to have at the heart of Elsweyr!

When I get the time I'll post pics of my work on Topal Isle Smile
Just to please a certain pernickety Bard of our acquaintance, I've darkened off the walls of the kasbah buildings. It does look rather better - so I'll let him off Wink

South-east wall:

[Image: Corinth13.jpg]

Tenmar Gate:

[Image: Corinth12.jpg]
That's one of the most interesting cities I've yet to see in a mod for Oblivion. Very, very well done to everyone involved.
Thanks, Deeza!

I've some ideas of where to go next for the lowerclass buildings (google "berber village" for that) but unsure where to go for UC or the palace.
I think those pictures look about right. I would suggest for the UC something fairly similar, but made of better quality materials (perhaps with more balconies and covered platforms on the roof for relaxing in the shade).
OK - good call, thanks - that sorts out the general architecture.

I know I wanted ideas for the "Palace" - but should there actually be a palace in Corinth? I'm not sure of the political structure. The only "palace" I know exists is the Mane's in Torval. Should the central area be more like municipal buildings than some fat cat's private pad?
Corinth used to be an independent kingdom, back in the good old days. Every city in the country did. According to the book 2920, Senchal had its own king as recently as the start of the Second Era, so it's possible there were other survivals too.

So I think that even if it's now disused or ruined (or inhabited by a national ruler's goons), there should be a palace of some kind in the city.

For that matter, is Corinth part of Pelletine or part of Anequina?
I think it's Pelletine. Given its position it would have been in the front line during the war, which is when I consider the pallisade wall to have been built.

We can probably assume there will be a main building, then, on palatial lines. I can't imagine it being disused but we can work up the actual usage later.
Sorry, which war was this? The Conquest of Elsweyr? Or the civil wars before the country was united?
Pages: 1 2