Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Ancient Gate - what role will it play in TES4 ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
from what I understand....
the Ancient Gate is an old gate made long ago and adorned with Temple statues and built in the Velothi metroplis style. The Gate has been used to bring trade into Morrowind from Cyrodiil. But in TES3 it wasn't finished...
Well, what is it for now? Defend from invasion? Redoran control on trade? Anti-Imperial stronghold?

if there isn't already a plan... maybe I can help think of some?
perhaps maybe we can all help think of ideas for this great place?
Go to bedTongue i like the idea anti imperialist idea
The story I have at the moment, and kindof like, is:
[blockquote]"The Ancient Gate was built by the Dunmer a long time ago as a defensive installation against the raging Nords. After the Empire conquered Tamriel it lost its meaning, but has instead gained noteriety as a trading post. This has been particularly noticeable in modern times, as goods and luxuries started coming out of Vvardenfell. While most of the trade goes south, through Silgrad Tower and into Cyrodiil, the Nords do a fair bit of trade with Morrowind through this road."[/blockquote]
In the old St mod it was abandonned and was suppossed to be a evil place, probably taken over by a necromancer. Don't know if there was ever a quest finished with it.
Quote:Originally posted by Zarkis
In the old St mod it was abandonned and was suppossed to be a evil place, probably taken over by a necromancer. Don't know if there was ever a quest finished with it.

There was an interior for it, but there was no people or creatures there. The entrance cell wasn't bad at all but the rest of the location was just bare walls, so it was decided it would be redone. Deus mentioned the original idea behind the place to me, which is much like you said. Then we found the passage in "The Battle for Silgrad Tower" that read:
[blockquote]But an alternative was found: a route leading through Redoran territory to the keeps of the Nords, who were eager to finally acquire large amounts of ebony.[/blockquote]
Since there was only ever one way from our area to Skyrim we figured you meant the road that the Ancient Gate was on, but by that time you had already left so we couldn't ask you. Since the road would now be thought of as a somewhat busy trade route, the Ancient Gate couldn't possibly be abadoned, and so turning it into a trading post was close at hand since the Empire would want to tax the trade.

I modded an alternative version which I thought turned out pretty good. It had a huge Velothi hall with a guar stable and a little velothi house inside the huge hall that the player could rent for the night. I sent it to Deus when I was finished with it. After that he went on a hiatus for over half a year and during that time he apparantly had a hard-disk crash and lost it. My interest level dropped somewhere in that timeframe as well and all my old silgrad stuff was lost when my gf reformatted her harddrive.

So, that's the backstory behind my opinion that the Ancient Gate should be a trading post between Skyrim and Morrowind in Silgrad Tower: Oblivion.
I think we can have both. There can be a trade station at the surface, which is rather new, but maybe they have trouble with some other inhabitants of the gate. I mean, we can't name something "ancient" and not have a bag full of mysteries there. Maybe the ST version of "From dusk till dawn". Wink
don't call it ancient gate... call in the "Velothi Gate" or "Gate of Dunmereth"
Dunmereth is what Nords called Morrowind sometimes...

and since it is Nords and Cyrodiilics coming in from the other side of the gate... Confusedhrug: