Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Elsweyri Ink
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
*cricket chirp* It's quiet, too quiet... Big Grin

One thing that has been eating away at me is finding the style of Art and general feel of things. From my last post, I've been hinting at Tribal artwork, inspired by various cultures of Earth. Everything from tattoos to carved reliefs and so on.

The Three Amigos, The Enantiomorphic Archetypes if you will
[Image: ECTribalArtF2.jpg]
Cleaned up version

Another thing I've discussed with TOYB is 2 scripts for various purposes. One used exclusively in antiquity, dating to earlier times when Aldmeri influences were still apparent (If my lore is correct, don't hold your breath otherwise heh).

"Stone-speech" (Bal'Agra?... jury's still out on that one)

[Image: ECScript1F.jpg]

The other script more contemporary in nature, something like Romanji, used to spell Cyrodiilic sounding names and so forth. Still playing around with it, but here's a good first step, viola.

[Image: ECcalligraphyF.jpg]
Fusozay Var Dar

Enjoy
Very nice - definitely like the style. Can I have a copy of the line art, please?
Emailed my current work out to Mocroft and TOYB, if anyone else would like a look just let me know.

Managed to crank this out earlier today, alittle speed painting; first attempt at facial tattooing of sorts. Think I'm liking the use of vertical text more than horizontal... you be judge Smile

[Image: ShvajiitCF1.jpg]
Quote:Originally posted by morcroft
Very nice - definitely like the style. Can I have a copy of the line art, please?

As well as the files, Kyoushu is making the fonts into recognized font files, so that we can use them effectively in photoshop/gimp for texture work (and, it should be possible to use them in the CS for putting text into ta'agra).
Excellent! Didn't want to be cheeky and ask for that too, but proper fonts will be ideal.
Reworked the first Script abit, the first attempt I noticed a legibility issue with. Something was nagging at me how it didn't match with the 2nd Script, this new version blends alittle better imho.

[Image: ECScript1v2C.jpg]
(wonky-ness of letters due to rescaling for this compared shot)

I'll get going on the Font making asap as I get some free time, prolly end up trying out this reworked script first, time will tell.
Attempts at making the 2 scripts into fonts hit the wall, it'll be on my back burner. But I wanted to share this Anequinan Warrior...

[Image: ECTribalAnRiderF.jpg]
*brushes off the new car smell*

Ne Quin-al
[Image: ECTNequinal.jpg]
Looking great Kyoushu!
I have your email, thanks. Really, really nice!

I'd like to see a couple of more distinctively beast-footed forms too - although there may not be enough difference in stylized art to really show - what do you think?

I like the general style of your tattoos, btw, but I think they need to be bolder than you've shown to stand out.

Did you see my try at a tattoo design over in Dealing with the Khajiiti Forms ? I think it's only the non-furry Ohmes morphs who use tattoos.

Do you think that style fits with yours? I think it's a match but I'm no artist! I had to cut and paste line segments from clip-art: I can't even draw a curve! If it's OK and you want to make up some tattoo layers directly on the face I'm using then I can send you my original.
Pages: 1 2