Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Lore Questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,
I got some questions about the lore regarding Necromancers, vampires and I guess most things evil...
When I saw IG's description of the hist shrines (that can be found here Using the Hist Shrine tileset). Given that necromancers often use undead as guards this seems like it would be a good spot to have a few necromancers if they are in black marsh.
Are there daedric shrines in black marsh? I know there have to be a few, or are they the ones that primarily worship the hist and sisthis? That could be something I heard about the humans that live in the southern part of Black marsh.
How many vampire clans are there in black marsh? Its something I disliked in Oblivion. You can't join a vampire clan.
I don't think vampires will figure greatly in BM at all much, I'm afraid. However, Fort Carmine in Blackwood is riddled with them and could be used as the basis for a vampire-related quest. It's very close to the Cyrodiil border.

Necromancers as such do not exist in BM. Voodoo is more the focus which, by its nature, traditionally involves an element of necromancy. Hence the existence of 'Anaster Marrowmir'. Anaster can be found in the Carnival at Gideon (he wears a top-hat). He was actually one of the first reasons I joined the BM project as I wanted him to be a major character. So here's a little back-story to how this worked out...

The plan was to make him look like Baron Samedi (see attached) but I still haven't been able to get anyone to do the rest of the outfit.

At that time, I was only known for my voice acting. I had worked on all the Lost Spires characters amongst various other projects such as creating complete voice sets for Silgrad Tower itself such as brand new Khajiit, Imperial and Nord voice sets (very time-consuming). One of the most fun projects was brucevayne's Oblivion Sound Sets and Companion Sound Sets . I created four characters: Borrodin, Ja-Kha'iit-Myr, Kyndrulhu and Jeremiah but the fifth was unreleased because it was intended for BM and that's Anaster Marrowmir, whom I'd hoped would be a recruitable companion with a unique voice.

I still hope that my plan will come to fruition and that Anaster will act as the character who introduces the player to voodoo, initially in its Redguard form and thereafter in exploring Bhuru magic, its much more powerful and unpredictable cousin.
Yeah I saw Anaster when I was modding Greenspring a week or two back and I loved his Top Hat, PLEEAAAASE make it a player obtainable item, or give the player one as a reward for completing a quest for Anaster or so, (with perhaps a nice enchantment on it Tongue). I would love to run around Black Marsh as a guy with a tophat who slings spells to everything alive (thats my idea at least MUAHAHAHAHA). Maybe we can also make the Anaster a sort of quest line, with about a quarter of the length of a guild or so. I would love to help with the storyline of that. Initially, I actually figured he was someone like Jauffre or Martin where in the original Main Quest, a very important mainquest character that is.
Yes, as he's designed to be a recruitable companion, he should be appearing in a few of the main quests. The top hat option is a nice one. We'll have to remember that for future reference.
K glad I could help Big Grin
I have a little question for Deeza or anyone else who knows it really, but are there any Goblins present in Black Marsh, since I've been looking into their lore and stuff lately but I could not find anything about the Marshes. If they are present I would be REALLY REALLY REALLLLLLYYYYYY interested in doing a Goblin Dungeon, including maybe a nice little quest (possibly with an adventurer you encounter or something like that).
To my knowledge there aren't any. However, we will have Naga which will fill more or less the same role in the ecosystem. Smile
I really think thats kind of weird, because in Cyrodill I mosly felt like the more to the south I went the more goblins I kept encountering. They are to surely have at least one cave in the province, but well, Naga will suffice as well I guess, I would love to make like a Naga hideout and then do a lot of underwater stuff and things like that, gonna go ask Ibsen if there are any dungeons left that need doing.
The reason that we're not currently including goblins is that we want to try to include as much of our own unique content as possible, without relying on stuff which was present in the vanilla version and which everyone who plays the mod will already have seen. It will make the mod much more interesting and fun to play.
K sounds very logical really, but thanks anyway, i s'ppose I'm gonna make my own ultimate goblin dungeon mod then.
Pages: 1 2