Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Dune progress
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dune sits on the slopes of a large hill / small mountain in the Northwest of Elsweyr near both the Valenwood and Cyrodiil borders. Making a virtue of necessity, TOYB and I have decided Dune will be carved directly from rock formations in the hillside - much like the wonderfully strange village of Kandovan in Iran.

[Image: Dune02.jpg]

[Image: th_Dune01.jpg] [Image: th_Dune06.jpg]

I've made five residential "cones" - including the large unique one in the centre to be used as the palace. Several have doors, windows, galleries and stairways already but I need to do more work on the rest, including the palace. There is a "watch-cone" mesh used around the walls. Several collisions and far meshes still to make.

[Image: th_Dune03.jpg] [Image: th_Dune04.jpg] [Image: th_Dune05.jpg]

The galleries are deliberately plain as they should be furnished at the modding stage - need to make ballustrades and columns for use there.

The walls should be mostly OK: they should be simple, I think, but I'm not happy with the crenellations - concept fail there, I'm afraid. Once the concept's finalised I'll make proper gatehouses - they're just blank bits of wall at the moment.

[Image: th_Dune07.jpg]

I've also made some "cliff walk" meshes for level transitions, a couple of separate stairways and some rock outcrops. More rocks and outcrops are needed. The bare hillside at the back will need residential frontages as the upper class residences will probably be there.

Interiors will be tileset meshes - mostly mix-and-match units joined at the doorways. Lower class living rooms can be reused as upper class utility rooms.
You two just keep surpassing yourselves, don't you? This is a really fascinating location, and will look even better once it's decked out with clutter.
Glad you like it .. Big Grin
Like it? I love it! I honestly don't think anyone would have expected to find a city that looks like a giant termite mound in Elsweyr. Gives it the same alien look that Morrowind had.

I can't wait to see what you've got planned for Torval...