Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Lord of Souls
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The sequel to The Infernal City comes out in seven days! Will follow the story of Umbriel and the unlikely heroes. i ca't wait, I have already preordered my copy.
I have preordered too, and I even re-read The Infernal City in anticipation. It'll be nice to see what happens to Umbriel. Smile
haven't read either of them, I hear the characters are written as if they don't have any emotions at all, but well, who am I to judge ?(
No, they are pretty awesoem and in depth. But yay, I have read it thrice!
I think I might give the series a whirl in a while, but first I have to get some cash together for my new processor and some RAM, I am already getting a new Graphics Card so thats quite good I guess, its a GTX 400, or maybe 390 or so, its good enough at least Big Grin
I find that books based on games are sometimes hard to stick with because they can never be as "epic" as the games that spawned them.

They often seem just like a decent subplot or something that could easily be explained in a few pages.

Still there are a few exceptions to this rule (Halo Cryptum, Infernal City.)
i found that this gave beth a decent excuse to add in the lore which spotted owl the empire up. Also, are BM and Elsweyr still seceded in the time of Skyrim.
I have to agree with AIP - I'm just leaving the spin-off novels for others to extract the lore from.

May the Nine preserve us from a movie....
Quote:Originally posted by morcroft
May the Nine preserve us from a movie....

Indeed. Movies of games are a blighted genre if there ever was one. I strongly suspect it's firstly because nobody involved in the projects has ever played the games concerned, and secondly (and more importantly) that it's a fundamentally misconceived idea to try to adapt a cultural artifact that crucially depends for its success on its interactivity.

On a more serious note, I'm going to start a thread over in the Skyrim forum as soon as relevant information from the book becomes available.
Just make a movie from these books.
Pages: 1 2