Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Cyrodiil
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Unlike "across the borders" mods, which just extend the game worldmap and get distant views of Cyrodiil for free, Elsweyr Confederacy is a "worldspace" mod - and we have to make a distant landscape from scratch. We generated the countryside along with the rest of the region generation and I'm now adding the cities.

These were the most urgent ones.

Bravil will be the starting point for the "Entry to Elsweyr" quest - and will be clearly visible as the player climbs a "Smugglers' trail" from the creek behind Bravil up to the Elsweyr Plateau.

[Image: Bravil01.jpg]

The vanilla LOD for Bravil's not too bad - rather blocky houses but good enough. The Cathederal of Akatosh had no far nif, though, so I've had to make the one you see above from scratch. The Ayleid ruin you see on the right is Arane Tarnbye.

Leyawiin is clearly visible from a bridge on the Rim Road - this shot's from just upslope of that bridge to give a better view.

[Image: Leyawiin01.jpg]

The Cathederal of Stendarr also had no far nif, so I made that too - managed to squeeze both the cathederals' textures onto one 256-pixel square image. There were no far nifs for the houses so I made a few - just enough to give the right impression for UC,MC & LC.

Finally, the Imperial City is such a landmark that it needs to be visible to place Elsweyr properly in context. Here it's in the background of the lunar temple at Al Athriit:

[Image: ImperialCity01.jpg]

Still need to do Skingrad and preferably Kvatch. Anvil may just be in sight but isn't essential. The other cities aren't visible at all.

You can't actually reach any of these, because the borders are now in place to restrict the playable area for the mod - unless you have border restrictions turned off, of course.