Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: First Impressions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here we should develop, how Silgrad will look and the people will behave in general when the player enters the city for the first time.
I think that the first thing that the player should notice is the Tower. It should be (In my opinion) be of Dunmer architecture and much taller than the original one. I also think that it should be in the center of the city, and near the richer homes.

The original tower was of Imperial design, and located right on the outskirts of the city, near the slums.

The second that the player should notice is the large amount of people all commuting and getting on with their lives. It should feel very crowded. If the FPS allows it that is.
I think that the town square involved with the MQ should be somewhere near the entrance of Silgrad, as well. Maybe just off to the left side behind the first row of buildings?
[ camera in 1st perspective, player controls locked, scripted sequence ]

[ fade in ]

[ the player character walks heavily with his head hung down, staring at the road, giving the impression he has walked for a long long time ]

[ suddenly he sees a pair of black, menacing (Blackbone) boots, and comes to a halt ]

[ the camera pans upwards, displaying the glorious Blackbone armor of an intimidating Silgrad Guardian, coming to a stop at his helmet ]

[ in a dark, scratchy voice instantly recognized as belonging to a dark elf, the Guardian speaks ]

[ -Watch where you're going, outlander! ]

[ The guardian steps aside, and as his body moves away from the camera's focus, the awe-inspiring tower is revealed in the distance ]

[ The scripted sequence comes to an end, and the player regains control ]

----------------------------------------------------------

That's how I pictured the player's first experience might be like. Just an idea, though.

I agree with NoRemorse that the Tower should be of Dunmer architecture (preferrably Redoran), and being more of a tower than a castle. Perhaps I can whip a draft together in 3DSM... I've been meaning to reinstall it Big Grin But don't take that as a claim on my part, if someone beats me to it I won't mind.
Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
[ camera in 1st perspective, player controls locked, scripted sequence ]

[ fade in ]

[ the player character walks heavily with his head hung down, staring at the road, giving the impression he has walked for a long long time ]

[ suddenly he sees a pair of black, menacing (Blackbone) boots, and comes to a halt ]

[ the camera pans upwards, displaying the glorious Blackbone armor of an intimidating Silgrad Guardian, coming to a stop at his helmet ]

[ in a dark, scratchy voice instantly recognized as belonging to a dark elf, the Guardian speaks ]

[ -Watch where you're going, outlander! ]

[ The guardian steps aside, and as his body moves away from the camera's focus, the awe-inspiring tower is revealed in the distance ]

[ The scripted sequence comes to an end, and the player regains control ]

YAY! :bounce:
Necromancy.
Quote:Originally posted by DarkAsmodeous
Necromancy.

The thread is around nineteen months old. Smile
Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
Quote:Originally posted by DarkAsmodeous
Necromancy.

The thread is around nineteen months old. Smile

I think that's the point. Wink Or maybe half the point? ?( Or is it not the point at all? :wtf: