Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Memory and Processing requirements
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Do the ST and companion mods have to have the same processing and memory requirements as Oblivion itself?

For example, you might have to use the Oblivion disk to access our mods, but our mods might not have to operate at the same exalted technical levels as Ob - end result would be that we allow people who want to purchase Ob to taste the new engines in a working 'link' that can operate on lower end systems even if they cannot afford to upgrade to play the main game immediately. This should have the effect of stimulating interest in the construction set, Ob and ST...

Why might this work technically, or not? Could the overall size of Ob affect the processing and memory requirements?

Obviously over a period of months and years higher end systems will become less expensive...but...?

How would Bethsoft react? What do the Core feel about this? Is there a way this might be implemented with Bethsoft's assistance? Would we want to do this?
I might be totally mistaken (though I doubt it this time), but the main requirement to play Silgrad Tower is Oblivion and without the necessary technical requirements to launch aforementioned program the world of Silgrad Tower is the length equivalent of aeons away - even, if Silgrad Tower would run on less advanced machines.

Greetings

Quentin
Tying in with what Quentin said, I'm rather sure Oblivion would refuse to run at all if the user's graphics card doesn't meet the minimum requirements. Smile
This is what I thought... ;( But I had to try. It was just the hope that Bethsoft might consider adjusting the disk so that although Ob would not play on a 'lesser machine' ST could still be accessed using it...

Sort of what you might call a looooooong shot round the moons with an iron bow!