Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'To Do' thread for Ibsen's Ghost
08-26-2011, 07:19 PM,

This is just a reminder that this post: 'To Do' thread for Ibsen's Ghost remains the main 'to do' list on the agenda at the moment but that what is also required right now is to get all of the quests assembled, sequenced and, of course, written up for the quest developers to work on in the 'quest claims' thread.

I will be working with Koniption on getting the opening sequence of the BM MQ set up but I hope to also get some of the miscellaneous quests in a condition that can be taken up by anyone with the skills and posted.

I have also requested from some senior members of the team that we have some of the Faction quest-lines written up, at least to the point that these quest-lines have a starting point and a few quests to get us on the way towards the beta release.

In the meantime, I remain a little uncertain about some of the levelled lists of creatures that I created a short while back and whether these worked as well as they should so if anyone fancies some creature playtesting then please let me know. It's just to make sure that the difficulty levels of the levelled lists correspond appropriately to the PC's own skill level. We will be sending the files to TESAlliance for playtesting anyhow ASAP.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
08-28-2011, 04:25 PM,

As I believe I already posted elsewhere, I will get onto summing up all our quest planning ASAP.
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
08-28-2011, 05:32 PM,

Thanks a lot, Deeza. That should really help! =)
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
08-28-2011, 05:37 PM,

So first things first, is there a standard template for quests? Shall I use the Camo Lizard quest thread as a model?

And if so, shall I make new threads for the quests and then you can archive the old ones, which are full of lively debate and consequently rather confusing to read?

08-28-2011, 05:54 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Deeza
So first things first, is there a standard template for quests? Shall I use the Camo Lizard quest thread as a model?

And if so, shall I make new threads for the quests and then you can archive the old ones, which are full of lively debate and consequently rather confusing to read?
Yes and yes to the first two questions. KP's template is a fairly basic one for a fairly basic quest. Any new quests would need to consider two things that I figured might also be standard considerations: links to other quests and associated dungeons. In particular, any quests requiring dungeons would need to have a dungeon identified, at least at the stage of creating the quest tread or when the claim is taken up.

And yes to the third question. Thanks for your admin skills there.... Wink
08-30-2011, 05:50 PM,

As requested I added the new quest boards. Smile

I am going to remove llamaranger as a moderator he's inactive since December 8th 2010.
Dum loquor, hora fugitĀ  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
08-30-2011, 06:08 PM,

Thanks a lot, sandor! Good timing. =)
08-30-2011, 07:04 PM,

Great! I'll get to work on sorting all those old threads out.

10-03-2011, 09:11 PM,

I just edited the post above so that our overall 'to do' list in ranked in order of importance. I am doing this because the release of Skyrim on 11/11/11 is now less than a month away and it looks like we will have a severely less-than-how-we-imagined-it beta version.

This post isn't so much about my own 'to do' list but a general one that covers a rough idea of what we need for the beta. So, in the interests of administration, here are some urgent matters that really need attending to (sorry for screwing up the links...if you need them please see this post above: 'To Do' thread for Ibsen's Ghost which is an earlier version):

The most important (and largest) ones are as follows:
  • We need an outlying region to make it look as though our own WS merges into the Cyrodiil WS. To this extent, a basic region generation to go around Blackwood and the Northern part of the map that meets Morrowind needs to be done but does not need to be landscaped as long as there is an invisible border placed around it.
  • Pathgrids for the beta regions need to be completed and creatures placed appropriately.
  • QUESTS, QUESTS, QUESTS are desperately needed. We need proper quest modders! This is the first little tester quest we created: http://www.silgrad.c...php?boardid=478 . In the meantime, I would like some incidental quests setting up along with perhaps an intro to the Faction quests as shown here: http://www.silgrad.c...php?boardid=154 . We're hoping to get the beginnings of the MQ sorted by the time of the beta release and this is the priority here but any other quests would be a bonus.
  • The NPCs to be added: Claim: Unfinished AI and NPCs . We now have the Paatru but I think that getting the Sarpa as well will be pushing it.
  • Cell re-naming should ideally take place so that errors are mimimised and we can prepare to introduce the music score: CLAIM: BM Cell Naming & Music Preparation .
  • We could do with someone playtesting everything: towns, dungeons etc. Everything will be sent to TESAlliance shortly to begin this lengthy process but it will help to create a 'to do' log of anything not working as planned to begin this process early on.
  • Beta release admin tasks as mentioned here: 'To Do' thread for Ibsen's Ghost .

An item of secondary importance includes:
  • A quick travel system using the rootworms would be useful if it were set up. One rootworm burrow is found near Soulrest at -23,-23 and another rootworm near Gideon (at RockGuard) is found at -21,0 but there is nothing as yet for Stormhold. Strictly speaking, this system could allow access to places such as Seafalls, Blackrose and Lilmoth if the rootworm system was enabled.

Other things that need completing are:
  • Completing the Soulrest upper class district since no one seems to be making the interior models for the buildings. Gideon Castle and underground could also be done and the following interiors remain: http://www.silgrad.c...php?boardid=411 . For the purposes of the beta, some interiors, however, can remain inaccessible if needs be.
  • Some Dungeons to finish off: http://www.silgrad.c...php?boardid=410 (I have just re-opened Mokumalata and Maldava is also open along with separate levels of Xarphyrial). Asashpan and Ossasoit are also available for those wanting to brave the Hist Shrines.
  • Ixototon is also incomplete as yet and could appear in the beta: New Beta Locations .
  • The Kothringi ruins and surrounding coral reef could be worked on: CLAIM: Unusual Locations .
  • Various objects such as signposts and so on would be useful besides a proper shaman clothing set.