Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: rpc04 "Screaming Helm Tavern"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
I mentioned this before.

Quote:If you use CTRL D to duplicate, try to rotate the objects (Z) you duplicate. It gives a more natural impression. Now the objects have all the same rotation angle. For example the pitchers.

Seafort you have a good "eye" for it...

About the light I'll try it. It seems to be a very good idea (and prob. will be).
About the AI.

If you want him to eat.

Go to AI (double click at the NPC first).

Double click at the eat package.

Uncheck "continue if PC is near" and "must complete" (I said this before).

Go to the location tab. Check "location" and "near editor location".

If you activate this package, who is tending the bar ? You need a second NPC or to close down the bar.

First floor.
Place some cups with the bottles.
The sacks in the storage. It's not looking ok (artificial) change the position where you put them.

The first floor is a bit boring. You can make it more attractive.

If you create a second NPC perhaps your "Ravirr" could have a little nap in the storage, after having dinner.

The interior is coming along very well.

EDIT

In the Inventory of Ravirr. Set the loaf of bread to -1.

EDIT 2

Your X,Y,Z (of the house) numbers are not even close to 0.
When you start your next interior make sure it is at X,Y,Z; 0,0,0. Rotation 0. If you assemble pieces, f.e. as you made the basement, the first piece (stairway) should be at 0,0,0 and rotation 0.
It won't let me select the merchant container, or click on it in the render window. The merchant container is there, and under the level.

Added window lights like seafort suggested, I never noticed them before, than I looked and saw they were in alot of cells. Upstairs looks better.

There are cups with the bottles, and the shleves are meant to look neat. I'll probably get messed up when some npcs stumble around though.

The first floor isn't boring, its actually nice, I added a shelf thing that has food in it near the stairs since that was the only empty part.

Did a bunch of the ai suggestions, gave him -1 bread, unchecked the 2 thinsg you told me to uncheck.

Once I get the merchant container in, and do a few other things it'll probably be ready to be merged.

I only worked on it today because I was away the past 2 days.
Hello X23,

Hope you had a nice trip to the mountains.

I'll download the file now.

EDIT will follow soon.

Quote:new container (make a copy of merchantcontainer)
Make a copy of a existing merchantcontainer, it will work.

I said the "first" floor not the "groundfloor". I said "a bit". So the shelf is a nice addition to the groundfloor but not to the first floor.

I fully agree the groundfloor is not boring.

The first floor. Add some cups with the bottles. It remains still "a bit" boring. So add a carpet..... or anything else you like.

I agree with Razorwing a bit more clutter never hurts.

Quote:and the shleves are meant to look neat.
Noted.

Please change/add these things.

You almost finished a good interior.

I will check the AI and pathgrid later this evening.
I cluttered the first floor more, and tweaked the lighting.

I fixed up the pathgrid too, since it was messed up.

I'll work on the merchant container soon.
I'll download it right now.

EDIT will follow soon.

The pathgrid is still a mess.
I will and can not playtest (for AI and Pathgrid) before it's fixed, look also at rpc24 and my advise to shunoshi regarding the pathgrid (chairs/landing).
Make sure there is a tetrahedron (th) behind the bar so your Ravirr can find his way. Check th's around the chairs.

The first floor is ok now. Be carefull with making a copy of a "object including the contents" the upperbookshelf03 in this case . They (the pair) are exact copies (gets boring).

In the AI, for the "eat" package. Change the radius to f.e. 1024.

I think the AI will be ok so only the pathgrid is left.

I am curious. Do you close down the "Helm" when Ravirr is eating ?
Fixed the pathgrid and his ai.

Even if I copy an existing merchant container, rename the id and make a new object, and put it in the cell it won't let me use it as a merchant container.

Other than that its probably done for now if the pathgrids good. I want to work on a quest with Shunoshi so I want to get this merged.
X23 I really like to help you but it seems you are so "fast" you don't even take time to read the post I made concerning the bartering.

Quote:Posted 19th by sandor
Check what you like him to sell/buy (uncheck autcalc) . Give him barter gold. Add aaaserviceseditorloc8812. If you want to edit the time create a new package. The defined time in the package is the time during which you can barter.

Add the package.

I used for the container "ChestVendorPublicanDrinks01" and created a new form. I could select it without a problem.

In your last versie 6.7 Raviir's merchant container is linked to the ICMarketdistrict. Please change it and create your own container.

I playtested (after I made the changes) it with Ravirr. He was bartering like he should do.

So check the post I made 19th !

I don't understand your hurry.
The best thing, as I see it, is to finish this interior, with every detail possible. Also make it more attractive by adding dialogue. You could add some more packages. Perhaps a second NPC.

EDIT
I will test the pathgrid after you finished Ravirr and added all the necessary packages.
I hope I can chip in the observations I made in the Construction Set alongside the excellent feedback sandor is giving. Take his feedback to heart, X23.

I tested the latest version uploaded, 6.7.

First, the pathgrid is messed up. I'm pretty sure there shouldn't be any waypoints on a staircase, just one on the start and one on the end, otherwise NPCs will probably stop and stand still there (annoying the player). And you have waypoints where NPCs can't travel, such as between a chair and the counter, which would make them perform a ridiculuous 'moonwalk' as they don't get that something is blocking their way.

And Ra'Viir should have some form of dialogue. (I've reminded myself to be a bit more insistant on that after merging the two existing interiors) It could be just about anything, the point is to make the character interesting to the player and distance ourselves from the cookie-cutter NPCs that plagued our old mod.

Attachment #1. When I loaded up Oblivion.esm + your plugin I got this error. How come?

Attachment #2. It's obvious that you duplicated the whole arrangement from one side to the other, which looks very odd. But more than that, all the bottles are facing the same way, which looks very unnatural. Spin all of them a bit in different directions.

Attachment #3. This looks very cramped. Did you playtest and make sure that a character (player/NPC) can sit down without colliding with the wall?

Attachment #4. Open fires should have a sound activator.

I don't understand what you're rushing about, X23. This location is one of the more important ones in the North Imperial District, and one that many players are likely to visit, so it should be made as good as you possibly can. Being granted a claim is not something that happens by default, and if you want this tavern - as it is right now - to be indicative of your work, don't be surprised if I turn down future high-profile claims you want. It's all about quality - which player wouldn't prefer ten detailed interiors with interesting interesting to a hundred cookie-cutter NPCs in houses with copy-pasted details? I know I wouldn't, and if we want to attract players (who might become modders) to our town we have to pour our heart and soul into the places we mod. We're in this together, so to speak, and what one modder does becomes a part of the overall experience players have when they're in our town. And I hope you want to do what you can to make that overall experience great? Smile
I don't know how to do much ai stuff, I can only make an NPC that has rumors. When I playtest the npc just sits there for a while.

I'll try to fix it from being cramped too. But you can sit down on all the chairs I think

i get that error too. I don't know what it is.

I don't know too much about pathgrids either. The official tutorial said to put them around and so did Sandor. There are barely any tutorials I could find on how to do npcs, there was a quest one but thats it. Until I make my quest there is probably nothing for him to say. Most Morrowind and Oblivion NPcs are cookie cutter too.

For bartering, I just set his merchant container to one from another cell, gave him barter gold, but I oculdn't check off the option to make him sell stuff.

I even followed sandors exact instructions, I copied chest publican drinks, but it won't let me assign it to him as his merchant container. Its assigned as another guys chest thing because It won't let me copy another one, and when I do the ai thing for bartering it won't let me check off that he barters!

Until I know how to do more npc stuff I can't add dialogue. I even want to do a quest related to the tavern so don't say I am rushing. I am focusing on getting the actual interior done than I want have to actually learn about how to do npc stuff like dialogue before I can actually have them there! I never used the CS for morrowind so I don't know how to do alot of stuff!

I'm not rushing either, I just want to get it connected so me an Shunoshi can make the quest line we were making. If its a important location than a quest line would be good for it.

Can anyone link me a tutorial on how to do npc stuff. I fixed up teh pathgrid. Also, just because I release alot of releases doesn't mean I'm rushing, I just want to make sure I did stuff right. If I didn't release alot I would have tons of the problems that i fixed.

I also don't know about sound activators. If you link me stuff about dialogue and npcs I would be having a much easier time. When I say maybe final release I meant the tavern not the npc, I wanted to really work on the npc in the quest me and Shunoshi wanted to make.

No matter what I do though, even if I do the exact same thing Sandor mentioned that made him barter, it won't let me assign a merchant container from the cell. And if I use another one I can't assign it in the ai part where you check off if you want them to buy/repair/train/recharge.
I fixed the pathgrid and Identical shelves but I don't want to release the next version taht isn't the final version for you uys to test.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13