Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: rpc24 "Vaniken R'i's' Home"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Claim code (reference):
rpc24 "Vaniken R'i's' Home"

Estimate of size:
small house

Architectural Type:
Imperial Cheydinhal (ext.model: CheydinhalHouseMiddle01, rotation: 3)

Freeform description of this claim:
The home of the owner of the shop on the other side of the bridge, who walks to work every morning.

1. To claim this location, please post a reply saying so.

2. To mod a claim, start a new .esp dependant on both oblivion.esm and the reich parkeep alpha .esp. Mod the location at your discretion and free time. Then set up the entrance door in your interior to link to a new door in the exterior city which you position on your claim's exterior building. Thusly, playing with both Reich Parkeep alpha and your .esp at the same time means that the game loads both the exterior city as well as the door that links to your interior. In time, hopefully the community will be able to merge .esp's but for now I think this is a solution that could work.
Well, I think I'll claim this one too since I've already claimed his shop. :goodjob:
Granted :check:
Well, I have the basement finished on Vaniken R'i's house, so I figured I'd post it to get some constructive criticism.

Reich Parkeep Claim 24 Basement

I'm not sure what the console command is to teleport directly there.....but there is a lovely floating door next to Cheydinal's West Gate that you can take to get there.

[Image: Door2RPHouse24.jpg]

Just a bit of backstory.....

I decided to make the R'i family vintners. Vaniken makes wine in his basement in his spare time and has a collection of the family wine. I figure his family (who are dead, he's flying solo) owns a vineyard somewhere...? That can tie into a line of quests as well. Whether it be checking out the vineyard because it has been taken over by bandits, daedra, goblins; destroyed; or whatever. There is a small table next to the basement door with a key to a wine cabinet in the basement where Vaniken stores his best wine and some lockpicks to pick the basement door since it's locked. The remainder of the house has some statics dropped, but not much else yet. I'm just trying to get input on the basement. Also, Vaniken is in the main room, but he won't do much....I have to do some serious reading on NPCs and dialogue.
Hi,

You can directly go to the interior (in the game). Press "~" to open the console. Type: coc"exact name of the interior (as in the tec)" and hit enter.

I looked through the house and basement I like the idea of winemaking (I like wine myself).

I also like the layout for the basement (double stairway). A deep cellar for good wine !

I saw some bleeding for example the middle shelf on the first floor. It's bleeding into the fire place. Further I saw some floating wine bottles in the winerack in the basement. I did not check everything.

The door reference in the cellar is bit to far down the stairs (intentional ?) because you jump down the stairs if you enter.

I will post my concept (rpc18) prob. tomorrow. Feel welcome to give advise or critics.

I hope you can do something with it.
I'll try it out soon, it sounds good.

I just got to finish up my map.
Thanks for the comments! I'll have to look into the bleeding areas tonight and get those fixed. I'm not sure why the door reference is on the first landing...I'll be moving that back up the stair I think. As for the floating items......how do you get them to stop floating...? I can get the bottles set into the rack (or even easier to see, the food on the table), but the second you switch havoc on they kick up some little anti-grav fields and float about an inch off the table/rack, etc. Is there a way to fix that...or is it just how havoc deals with collision? It's kinda annoying.

Thanks again for the comments, should have an updated version sometime tonight I'm guessing :goodjob:
Hi,

Use havok option to clutter the interior at your liking (see also The Elders Scrolls construction set Wiki, http://cs.elderscrolls.com/constwiki, section "My first dungeon", Articles "Containers etc.").

And do as follows.

I have havok switched off (after using havok). With grid snap on. Push "F" and object normally will set neatly (smaller objects set grid snap to a lower number for example 16 or 8) on the surface. If you want to fine "tune", switch of the grid snap. Press "Z" while holding it and press the left (hold it) mouse button. Now you can move the object up and down (adjust if necessary your movement speed)

Don't switch havok on while still having "selected" the object because the object in question starts floating again.

So I hope you can do something with this info.
Ahhhh, alrighty, I'll give that a shot tonight! Thanks!! :idea1:
Well, I think this is it....just need some critiquing and the NPC is still lame....it'll take a bit to learn how to customize him. The key and lockpicks are still on a table in the main room (those will be removed in the final version and are just there for ease of testing). I also need to set ownership on all the new stuff I just added....how do you do the whole cell ownership thing?

On the 3rd floor bedroom there is a journal that I want to hint or possibly lead to a quest involving the family vineyard. I may just give that over to the lit folks who seems to be looking for quests to write Big Grin

Let me know what you all think!

Reich Parkeep Claim 24 v.2 (possibly final)

~coc "rpc24" to teleport there :goodjob:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6