Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: [RP Sewers] RPS 8 "Free Claim" (Opaqe)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Claim code (reference):
Rps 8 "Free Claim"

Estimate of size:
Sewer Size

Architectural Type:
Sewer

Freeform description of this claim:
This is a sewer accessable from the NID sewers that is out now in alpha. This is a free claim, so it only has to be a sewer. If you look at the Main Sewer file you can see where this leads from, because I marked the doors. If you want to lead from somewhere else just ask me.

Another thing to consider is snap to grid, go into preferences, and put snap to grid to 32, click apply, and than enable it with the snap to grid icon. Make sure you have rotate to grid on too. If you don't have them on, it'll be really hard to mod a dungeon. You can turn them off when you are furnishing the sewer with objects/npcs/enemys etc.

Here is a good tutorial on dungeons http://cs.elderscrolls.com/constwiki/ind...st_Dungeon

To mod a claim, start a new .esp dependant only on oblivion.esm. Mod the location at your discretion and free time, within reason. You don't have to, and can't, hook it up the town exterior - that's done by Razorwing after merging. Please check the RP Discussion board for latest information. Don't forget to add a northmarker and pathgrid.

I kinda copied and pasted this from one of the other claim topics, so It would be better.
I don't want to dissapoint. So i'll probably ask you quite a bit of questions. I'm working on the basic layout, not putting much thought into it. Meaning that it's all subject to change.

Question #1: What is the entrance connecting to the Free Claim?

Wish me luck! This is my first crack at something other than the Creepy Cave Tutorial.
Here I'll give you a screenshot, I'll have to do this for all the claims. http://gallery.silgrad.com/displayimage....at=0&pos=0

Gally isn't working for me for some reason, so I just linked it.

Good luck :goodjob:
Ohhh, I had an idea. I want to change it from a homeless area to a home to a pyschotic man. Not a murderous man, just a guy that's so messed up it's funny in a way.

Thanks for the pic. Steel door right?
Good idea, make sure you read up on ai schedules and dialogue Smile

The model is in the doors sections, and is called something like Sewerdoor02.
Okay...so I have the basic layout of the place done. And that's it. A couple things need to be said first.

The area isn't that large. The area in which the crazy man actually lives in is very small. I plan on making him live only in there and have a fear of leaving the area.

There are more pieces than a...well done area should have. This is because I have a strange tendency to mix and match till I get what I like, you'll notice that especially in the corners outside the crazy guys room.

There is no clutter/lighting/etc. whatsoever, as I have not gotten to that yet.

Also a little side note. I like to think that even though Silgrad Tower needs some dungeons it also needs something else. I mean, all of Oblivon has dungeons scattered around it (not the hell, the game). So I have an idea in my head of a quest that's sort of like...how can I put this. A dating simulation maybe (bad choice Big Grin ). You'll meet the guy and make progress through talking to him and playing the personality game. And depending on your choices in dialect what he says will vary. Sort of like a KOTOR party member. You'll have the option of learning his past, curing him of his insanity, causing more insanity. He'll ask you to lick the wall as a test or something or other. What I really want to do is for all his lines add a little humor to them. I'll record them, I just need help creating/scripting.

----------------
Some example lines:

"How did you get past my defenses!?" Crazy guy. (There are no defenses btw)

Choices
- [Take a Step Back]

- I'm [Name]

- My name dosen't concern the likes of you.

- What are you doing down here?

Responses
- Flee? Flee from me!? I shall...*Mumbles* *Groans*

Hey! Who are you!? How did you get past my defenses!?

- Well it dosen't matter! You cannot be trusted! He can not be trusted *Growl*

- Concern? Of what concern is anything to me? Everything concerns me! I love all! I shall devour all *High Pitched Giggle*

I like pink.

- I live down here! Now leave me before I summon an army of demons to consume you!

Don't hurt me!
-----------------
Or something along those lines.

The name of the cell is 1rsp8. So it should be on top and easy to spot.
Quote:Originally posted by Opaque
So I have an idea in my head of a quest that's sort of like...how can I put this. A dating simulation maybe (bad choice Big Grin ). You'll meet the guy and make progress through talking to him and playing the personality game.

A very original idea ! Big Grin
Razorwing or I, can help you with the dialogue etc.

I have attached two screenshots.
Change these statics. Look at the gap's !

For the next interior try to start (first static) at X,Y,Z = 0,0,0.

Look for technical info at this thread.
Technical info for Reich Parkeep interiors.

EDIT I didn't check every static.
Sounds good, I'll test it out right now.

EDIT: I looked at it in the Cs, and I saw another glitch, look at this screen. besides that, and the glitches Sandor pointed out, it looks great so far. I like how you made the Architecture unique. The quests and stuff will make it really good.

[Image: normal_rps%208%20glitch%201.JPG]
Oye! I didn't even notice the two flaws above. Although the ones that X23 pointed out I had noticed. I was going to fix them but I must have forgotten ^^.

Thanks for the positive feedback. I'm going to start working on the dialouge as soon as I get all the clutter done. Then I shall submit it and have some "aid" in creating it Smile

I wonder how I should do the lighting. Dark and damp outside the ..."Home"...and bright inside of it. Yeah I like that idea.

Any ideas you guys have I am readily open for them! Please go ahead, especially with dialouge. :bananarock:
I posted some light settings at the tech thread.

You can also look at the settings used in the CS.
I think a sewer should be dark, but seeing something is also nice.

An idea. Add burning fires scattered around the place. To keep the rats and bugs, away from your NPC's "home" Wink.
Pages: 1 2 3