Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: [FG Quest]: Old Rats don't Learn New Tricks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Quest: Old Rats don't Learn New Tricks
by: TheImperialDragon

Quest with multiple endings.

Basically, Reich Parkeep has a small rat problem, and someone needs to take care of it. There are two ways of doing this quest, and almost no way of failing it unless you kill the Master of the Fighters Guild (quest-giver).

The two ways of doing this one are:

a) By killing ten of the vermin rat, and bringing their teeth to the Master as proof or;

b) By going to the source, which is a madman/conjurer breeding rats in the sewer. Is a killer, no way of talking yourself out of a fight here.

Fighters Guild Hall, Reich Parkeep

"Hmm... Alright, your first orders are simple. Have you noticed all those rats around Soluthis? Well, it is beginning to be a problem. Every time I send someone to go kill those beasts, the rats get killed, then more come! I have no explanation. I want you to kill a bunch of them to control their population, about ten, and bring me their teeth as proof. It is dirty work, I know, but someone needs to do it, and the contractor wants proof.
"Maybe you could talk to some mage here in town about the rat problem. Ask around, someone's sure to know."

[/hr]

METHOD A

Reich Parkeep, Soluthis

Player runs around, kills ten rats, takes their teeth.

"Good job, here's your reward, maybe that will keep them at bay, at least for the moment."

REWARD:
- 150 GOLD
- GUILD REP + 2

[/hr]

METHOD B

Reich Parkeep, Soluthis

Any Commoner: "Oh? So someone's finally going to do something about them. I think you should talk to Joryth Millian who is staying at the Screaming Helm Inn."

Screaming Helm Inn, Reich Parkeep

Bartender: "Sitting over there, in the corner over by the entrance."

Joryth Millian: "Ah yes, unless I'm mistaken, these are a very special breed. Ryna Rats. Now what is strange is that they usually prefer to live in warmer regions or sewers, they don't come outside often, and you say that whenever someone kills them, more come? It sounds to me like foul play...
"I think I saw some come out of the North-Eastern sewers in Soluthis, or somewhere around there anyway...
"Well, there's sure to be more down in the sewers anyway, but I'm not going down there. So, good luck, oh! They are also quite vicious when you go into their territory, so go prepared."

North-Eastern Sewers, Soluthis

The place is infested with these rats, they attack on sight, and the population density increases as you get deeper.

North-Eastern Sewer

(Boss chamber model: Sewer Cistern, no water, have something cover the pit area underneath the walkway.)

The room looks ordinary at first, that is along the corridor to the big room, but when you finally get inside, there are several corpses and skeletons, presumably eaten clean by the rats in the area. Up on a platform opposite the player is a mad conjurer who makes a little speech as you enter.

Dushani the Mad "So you have come, you are an outsider I see, and you've come to stop me? Think about it, you are an outlander like me, and these Dunmer swine treat us like we're dirt, they use us! The Empire uses us, taking everything we have for nothing in return but more trouble and corruption! I want to solve that problem, and get rid of their occupation here, if I keep damaging food supply, they'll be weak, and Skyrim will come and take what is clearly its own! These Dunmer swine and Imperial dogs don't deserve to live, and I will see that they don't one way or another, and there's nothing you can do about the rats now, they are all over Soluthis, and sooner or later, they will cause a lot of damage, and famine, so that these bastards starve to death!"

SIDENOTE: Okay, I'll think of something a little better, but leave it at something like that for now, maybe a Skyrim saboteur. END SIDENOTE.

So now, the fight starts, two bosses here: the Rat King (sorcerer who turns himself into a rat) in the room who will attack you when a gate is opened) and Dushani the Mad.

(keep in mind this is an early FG quest, for lower levels presumably)

BOSS: Dushani the Mad

HP: 70
WEA: Staff of Tongues (command creatures)

BOSS: RAT KING

HP: 95
WEA: None

BATTLE TROPHY: Teeth of the Rat King

Okay, as long as Dushani is dead, you can claim your reward, mage at the screaming helm is disabled.

"Now, that is an interesting story, Dushani you say? I heard somewhere he had quite the bounty, so I'll pay you a bonus, here you go.
"I am really impressed with how you did this one, so I'll be sure to share this with the other guildhalls' stewarts as well. Good job."

REWARD:

- 500 GOLD
- FAC REP + 5

[/hr]

How's that? :lmao:

I think it is a little weird and corny, but what do you guys think?

It might look good in the trailer...
where is the cat way? gets cat shipment and the cats take care of it Cool
They're over in Elsweyr.
How about instead of the sorceror turning himself into a rat, he continues to stay on his platform summoning more rats while his gigantic rat pet comes out of hiding. This gigantic pet could be, say 8x larger that a normal one? Yeah.

I think it would also be better to make a new spell he has to summon the rats, instead of the staff, as to not let the player have it.
The staff commands creatures, it does not summon them. Smile
Ah. Well, if he summons them then he doesn't even need it, as theyre already under his command. Smile

Like my idea?
Quote:Originally posted by noremorse
Ah. Well, if he summons them then he doesn't even need it, as they're already under his command. Smile

Like my idea?

Well, I was thinking just a battle trophy, and a cool weapon if you manage to defeat the rat king, what do you think?
I have an area perfect for that in the Sewers.

The large sewer chamber. Its a large empty chamber with some water, and some platforms that are higher up.

the first decision sounds too much like crappy mmos. but i can't think of anything better.

Option b is cool though. I like how there are multiple ways to solve quests.

One suggestion. After you kill the crazy guys minions. He begs for mercy. If you kill him you get a better reward from the fg, and some respect. If you spare him you get less money, and less fame. If you spare him he gives you a spell and you meet him later.
Screenshot? Also, where is it in relation to a sewer grate? Where is it in relation to a city? Do you have a map? What claim # is it?
It isn't a claim. Its done by me. Its in the current version. The entrance to it from the NID sewers is Northeast part of the cell.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8