Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Soluthis0416 "Library of Soluthis" [Finished]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
[Image: Area07_Composite.jpg]

[blockquote]'Bold visionary, artisan, poet, master architect of Soluthis' - thus reads the plaque honoring Kali Gulas, one of the city's founders and reknowned historical figure in Redoran culture. Today, "Kali Gulas Square" is a quaint neighbourhood in a bustling city, but back when the man built his house (#05) there was nothing but rocks and trees as far as the eye could see. His descendants still live in their forefathers homestead, tending to the park.[/blockquote]

House type: Council club
Claim size: Medium to large
Neighbourhood: Watergaze Falls

"Council Club" is... well... a claim suited for someone with a lot of imagination. Big Grin The base idea is that it's either a place of socialization or a place of city business. For example it could be a guildhall, or the headquarters of a local organization, or a library. If it's a guild then it doesn't have a to be a joinable guild if you don't want it to be, it could be a guild for artisans or masons or carpenters or any other kind of guild that makes sense in a city. Though it could of course also be a joinable guild that gives the player quests if that's what you would prefer.

There is a starter cell for this location, so load up Oblivion.esm + Silgrad_Tower.esm and open the cell Soluthis0416, and then you can get started. The owner(s) of this building are Dunmer belonging to Great House Redoran. Please use the name generator to come up with good male/female names. Don't use any Imperial stuff in this location, whether from TES4 or from our mod, apart from clothes and weapons. You can modify the layout if you like, but don't sprawl it too far. This is for suspension of disbelief only, as some players might wonder if he wasn't going under someone else's house. If you need more space just add another vertical story under the existing basement.

Please set up AI behaviour for the NPC(s) in your claim at your discretion, but do make sure they wander around outside for a part of the day so the neighbourhood feels alive. Note that the exterior is situated in SoluthisWorld03, not in SilgradTowerLand. Try to use existing xmarkers when possible to avoid clutter but don't let them limit you if they don't work for your needs.

[title]Information.[/title]
Extended information on modding in general can be found in sandor's excellent thread Technical Info concerning Interiors, and naturally the articles on the CS wiki are always worth reading. But don't forget to run forum searches here as well, because often you'll find the answer here instead of the wiki. If you don't find the answer, feel free to post the question here in your claims thread But beyond that it's worth remembering that trial-and-error is an integral part of modding and it's only natural that you have to playtest your work to see if what you did worked or not.
Does Soluthis have a public library? Because I like the idea of having somewhere to put all those community-written books which I promise I will start on getting into the CS very soon and think this would be ideal...
Quote:Originally posted by Deeza
Does Soluthis have a public library? Because I like the idea of having somewhere to put all those community-written books which I promise I will start on getting into the CS very soon and think this would be ideal...

The city doesn't have a public library yet, so that would be a great idea :goodjob:
I would like to ask for permission to include this resource:

http://www.planetoblivion.de/index.php?o...&Itemid=73

It adds static shelves filled with books (which can be used as containers). It would make the library hugely easier to produce (though of course I would add in many regular books as well).

Thoughts?
I would like to ask for permission to include this resource:

http://www.planetoblivion.de/index.php?o...&Itemid=73

It adds static shelves filled with books (which can be used as containers). It would make the library hugely easier to produce (though of course I would add in many regular books as well).

Thoughts?

Sure, go right ahead. Smile They look nice, and using them would probably make the library more playable as well by reducing the number of physiqued objects. Please add the meshes to the folder "meshes\st\book" and hook them up as you need them to be. I'll get a copy of Garak's meshes and add them to the next update.

We have an object along the same veins in our collection, but it's highly specialized to fit with its use in Soluthis' Temple compound and would look strange in an interior cell. But just for reference it's at meshes\ST\Dunmer\Decoration\Exterior\SolTempleVend\Bookcase01.nif.
Just to let you know that I'm going on holiday for a month, but please hold this one for me and I'll get onto it once I get back in September.
Just to let you know that I'm going on holiday for a month, but please hold this one for me and I'll get onto it once I get back in September.

Sure thing. Have fun on your vacation!
Hi!

I know it's been a lot longer than I said I'd be away for. It's a long story, involving prolonged illness, moving house and starting a new job, but I'm out of the woods now and ready to get back to doing some modding.

How have things gone generally while I've been away?

Deeza

blue[/HR]
:alert: 27.01.2010

Since there's no progress (after my PM, January 13th) I changed the claim status to open. If you want reclaim this interior please let me know.

sandor
Hi, I noticed that this claims seems to have been reset.

I am now working on this again, and will upload it together with the finished in-game versions of all the books from the ST Literature Section.

Regards,

Deeza
I am not sure of the reason for that Deeza but I have corrected it for you.

Charles
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6