Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Bug report for internal version 1.4 and later
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Hi folks,

should you encounter any bugs in our current plug-in, please report them here.

Greetings

Quentin
Might as well mention it while I still remember Smile
Could you change the ID's of the armor pieces beginning with "sltw_dw" to "sltw_hw" ? It stemmed from a misunderstanding of the name of the modder who created them. It's Hellwolve, not Darkwolve as someone told me back then. They're not used in any scripts, just equipped on a person enabled by a script; an assassin outside Reich Parkeep.
A note to everyone who's on the hunt for bugs:

I found this tutorial about the Morrowind.ini file on Yacoby's site *waves to Yacoby* and even though I was familiar with some of the stuff there was something that caught my eye.

Here's the link to the tut

http://yacoby.silgrad.com/Mods/IntTutroial.htm

When you scroll down you'll find a line

Quote: Beta Comment File= <-----------------------------------this is where your better comments will be stored
which gives the following explanation when you click on the 'MORE' button

Quote: Beta Comment: Edit the morrowind.ini file to give a filename in the beta comment line:
Beta Comment File=BetaComment.txt
Then you can use the BC Command to make a note about an object in the game.
You open the console and click something, then type your comment, like this:
BC "Root not attached well."
And in BetaComment.txt you get:
6/20/2004 (21:02) Morrowind.esm 5/8/2003 (21:07) XXXX ex_t_root_03 Tel Vos (10,14) 85078 118468 4111 "Root not attached well."
The time I made the comment, the file the object is from, the modification time of that file, my name (windows log-in I think), the cell, the X, Y and Z Position of the object, and of course, the comment (forum info / ManaUser)
I humbly suggest that you use this option at least in exterior cells, for it will make fixing the bug much easier. (It can turn into hell when you're looking for one single flower or rock in a highly detailed area, but with these information it will).Don't get me wrong, please. I don't want to criticize the quality of the bug reports, which is exceptional. (As I said once before: I wish I had just one customer, who could give me such a great description of what he really wants from me. Big Grin ) But I believe that this feature will make everything much easier.Thanks a lot to Torch654, who made the tutorial and to Yacoby, who edited and hosted it. :goodjob: GreetingsQuentin
ACK
I have still some bugs to write together from this week, but i will do it for all new of 1.4.
As I've mentioned there are big frame rate problems with the fog in Deepen Moor. I found this fog on LadyE's site and it seems really great, perhaps we could use that instead? As a bonus it'd look different from the main game, and probably better too. Big Grin
Thanks for the attachment, I'll have a look at it later on. But knowing the work of LadyE, I'm quite sure it will look awesome.

Greetings

Quentin
Just for the files:

The CTD problem i had reported for the beta 3 version when entering the area west of Reich Paarkeep is gone with beta 4.

I just reaced the ancient gate and i'm admiring the new architecture Smile
Now that is good news ... bugs which simply disappear just because you put a seal with a new number on it. Big Grin Great! ... :hmm: Or it is like in one of those games where you have to clear one are before you can enter the next one.

So congrats ... you just reached level 1-4

Greetings

Quentin
I did the following comment 90% as a test, and I had my sound pulled down, but still, here goes:

7/4/2005 (15:46) Silgrad_Tower_internal_build_1-4.esp 7/2/2005 (23:39) Patrik sltw_bar_railsdoor Reich Hills Region (-25,5) -198961 41491 1946 "Perhaps add a sound to this gate when opened or closed"

I was going to playtest Jarnhald by the way. Well, all good things come to those who wait.

And you're not going to like this... but I experienced a CTD northwest of Reich Parkeep. I'm not sure what cell I was in, but it was northwest of the town. Never happened before on this install of Morrowind, or when playing with Silgrad Tower.
I've just recently moved in with my girlfriend, and yesterday I got my computer back up again. Still no Internet though... So, the first thing I did was to fire up the TESCS and check out the new versionWink. And to my horror I discovered that the dialogue was seriously broken!

Here's the deal: someone has replaced many of the line breaks (if not all) in the responses with the text [CRLF] (Carriage Return Line Feed), which means that every one of these responses are broken and will not work. On the topic "account status" which you can ask the banker in the Bank of Vvardenfell it even causes a CTD (try it yourselves...), and there might be more cases of that.

Does anyone know anything about this [CRLF] business?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15