Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Rpc03 "Home" [Finished]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Claim code (reference):
rpc03 "Home"

Estimate of size:
house

Architectural Type:
Imperial Cheydinhal (ext.model: CheydinhalHouseMiddle05, rotation: 151)

Freeform description of this claim:
This location is fully open to your own ideas, apart from that it's a home (rather than a shop).

1. To claim this location, please post a reply saying so.

2. To mod a claim, start a new .esp dependant on oblivion.esm and Silgrad_Tower.esm. Make sure you're using the latest version of the modding esm, which you can download from The Source. Also that you have the latest version of the assets, posted on The Warehouse for ST modders or in the release thread for others.
[indent][/indent]Mod the location at your discretion and free time, within reason. Please check the Soluthis/RP Discussion board for latest information. Don't forget to add a northmarker and pathgrid.
Hi, if you want, I'll give this a shot. I'm starting to feel a lot more confident finding my way in the CS now. Just to make sure, you literally just want a home, no NPCs. I could do that (you should see my house in Bruma) :yes:
I've just to suss out the northmarker and I'm off...
Quote:Originally posted by Franc Kaos
Hi, if you want, I'll give this a shot. I'm starting to feel a lot more confident finding my way in the CS now. Just to make sure, you literally just want a home, no NPCs. I could do that (you should see my house in Bruma) :yes:
I've just to suss out the northmarker and I'm off...

Yes, please go right ahead Smile :check:

Sorry for being hazy on the details; please do create NPCs too, and give them AI behaviour in the exterior if you'd like.

Here's a little tip, I don't know if it'd be helpful; load up the house exterior in the Reich_Parkeep.esm, select your house and hit the T key. Keep an image in your mind of how it looks. Then switch to your interior cell, select the northmarker, and rotate the camera so it looks like the northmarker is pointing to the north. When it does, does your house interior look like it's swung around the same way as the exterior is? If it is, the northmarker is rotated in the general ballpark of how it should be.
Having a few problems so I thought I'd post what I've done. Cannot get the exterior door to teleport to the interior door, tho' it works fine the other way (well, when I say fine, I mean teleports you to an empty space with a door in the middle of a field, with no buildings about :eek: ).

I created an NPC (fkathelyn), with dialogue (which works) and AI, which doesn't X( , he just follows the player about and is a bit arsy, then stands in the middle of the room all day and night (tho when I first started it, he actually went to bed at night, so... Confusedhrug:

You can DL it here, as it's 1.5MBs in size (voice files), see what you think (or can do, I'm at a loss), and let me know, cheers.

Entrance is coc stkaoshouse05 - man, interior design is harder than I thought, tho' most of my time was spent looking for things. Sorry about the voiceacting by the way :mchm:
I'll check it out.

The door problem can be solved look at this link.
Door

I'll reply later this evening.

For the AI, dont' check "Continue if PC is near".

EDIT 1.

For the door.

On which Reich Parkeep file is your file dependant. Make sure it's the one with the extension "esm". The master file.
What you discribed, it's the esp !

EDIT 2.

For the AI uncheck the "Continue if PC is near" and test again.

EDIT 3.

I went in game, the door link works fine.
I attached two screenies.
Post made by Franc Kaos

Quote:Originally posted by Franc Kaos
When I load up the game I tick the ESP version, and when I load up the CS I doubleclick Oblivion.esm and Reich_Parkeep.esm and make stkaoshouse.esp the active file.

The esp is for playing.

For testing (in game) you need to select the esm. That's why the doors don't work (esp).

When your file is finished it will be merged to the esm.
The esm will be converted to an esp. These files will be released.
Them you can play the game with the esp (and visit your own interior).

I'll check your file. I'll reply later today or tomorrow.
The lightbulb finally lights up - or as Homer would say, 'Doh!' Actually, that thought did filter thru' my head, but I kept telling myself, 'the doors are saved in my .esp file.' Oh well.

Off topic; last week there was a call for normal maps, only I can't find the thread. Just wondered if they were still needed as I did a load - mainly the ones in the ST directory (but not the plants).
Abbrev.

F= Floating / B= Bleeding / S= Look at Screenshot / PG = Pathgrid / th = tetrahedron, point /
sh = silhouette / R = Resize

General info.

Please add a version number to your esp files. TIA

Furniture is floating because of the silhouette (the CS assumes (after pressing "F") the bench (for example) is already on the floor, it's an error). Press once (sometimes twice) "F".
All the furniture with silhouettes have the same problem.

If I write change this etc. You should read: Please change this etc.

The Groundfloor.

The desk.
Coin, book, F
Use candlepuddles for the candles.
Ambrosia, F
Carrot, F
Reposition the broom, F
MG06Desk01, don't use an upper exec. desk for a normal NPC.

The First floor.

Candelier01Orange512, Reposition, S (as it should be)
The other candelier, B

Check all the furniture with a silhouette, F

Very nice paintings !

Be careful with mages guild stuff. The rug is so small, no one will see.

Pathgrid.

Make sure the th's touch the sh, for the chairs and the bed.
Check that.

NPC.

Dark elves are not welcome in the Imperial part of the city.
The can live in Soluthis. Change the race.
Be careful with the dunmer furniture.

Give the NPC a proper ID, StFkRpc03......
The same applies for the quest and topics.

Make the food item "-1".

AI.
Place the wander package last.
Make the packages chronological.
Don't check "once per day".

Lock the front door (because of the sleep package).

Dialogue.
Correct the naming (quest, topics).

"What story" topic. The voice has the word "must" in it. The text file doesn't.

General Remarks.

Look at the reviewing criteria. All the info is there.
Set the rotation for the Northmarker at -151.
Rename the cell to ReichParkeep03.

Add more clutter to the first floor.

I like this interior, it's nice and comfortable Smile.
The voice work sounds very good :yes:.

Work clean, don't swich to other cells and save the file (S).
Ignore all the contaminations and test the file.

Did you test the AI ?

Almost finished.
Just a progress report. Redone the house, just need to create a new NPC, Unfortunately, RL's been keeping me pretty busy just lately (heatwave and flashfloods in the same week). Where's a good place to find the history of Reich Parkeep - for a bit of dialogue? Anyway, see what you think...

Franc Kaos.
Why create a new NPC ? Just change the race.
Is it because of the dialogue ?

Info about Reich Parkeep
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8