Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: SHC38 "The Outer Main Gate" [Finished]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Claim Difficulty: Medium.
NPC's: 2.

The NPC's are running the mess.

Race: No preference.
Name generator.
The NPC('s) must have (full) dialogue and AI. Don't forget the pathgrid.

The gate towers are used by the city guards to take a break (city guard mess) and have something to eat, drink etc.

Use the attached file to start modding.
The two doors in the lower section connect to the wall section (and through there to the exterior).
Confusedtakes claim:

Can I have this one?
Quote:Originally posted by TheronNightStar
Confusedtakes claim:

Can I have this one?
Sure. Have fun! Smile
Question - the NPCs referenced - are they the ones standing outside the gates, or are they to be new and individual NPCs?

Also, what is the purpose of the two upper rooms that you have to clip through the door to get in to (the highest rooms in the cell)? Expansion?

This is my first time in a collaborative mod. All the others I have done were personal projects and have never had to take anyone else into mind.
Also I'd like your input on having a fireplace in the tower's upstairs rooms. Would this be a problem - i.e. no chimney on the outside of the gate, or would it break the theme, meaning no other towers have fireplaces? I don't know about you, but I hate cold weather and I am assuming that baseboard heat hasn't been introduced to Tamriel yet. Wink Not just that, but it gives them a cooking place if they need it.

Just trying to think from a human perspective.
Question - the NPCs referenced - are they the ones standing outside the gates, or are they to be new and individual NPCs?
You have to create two new NPC's.

Also, what is the purpose of the two upper rooms that you have to clip through the door to get in to (the highest rooms in the cell)? Expansion?

The living quarters for the two NPC's and storage for food.

Also I'd like your input on having a fireplace in the tower's upstairs rooms.
As there is no possible location for a chimney this can't be done.

You could add a cooking place: StFurnDunHearth01part1 + StFurnDunHearth01part2 (statics under ST). It's heated with coal. Check SilgradCity0204.
I was wondering if you could do me a favor. I need a couple of things moved in the exterior of the Outer Gate, but everytime I do it myself and try and save my CS crashes. I was wondering if you could move the trapdoors on top of the outer towers to beside the flag poles. I need the one on the left (looking out into the world from the gates) on the left side of the pole, and the one on the right on the right side of the pole. That way they are both next to the front crenelations, beside, and on the outside of the flag poles. This is to make them line up with the changes I made inside.

I don't know what I am going to do about the doors on the inner towers leading out onto the ramparts to the outer towers. I envision the ramparts between the two to be usable as a route between the two, on both sides.

You don't think you might could maybe make those changes as their own esp and pass it on to me so I can merge it into my own do ya? Would be much appreciated. Also I should have something for you to take a glance at by tomorrow. I am almost done with this one, just need a couple of wall hangings and the NPC's.

Sorry to pester you like this, but like I said, I can't do it myself. *cusses strongly at CS* :bitch: :bash:
Try the following.

Select the ST land and then go to the SteadhelmOuterMainGate cell.
The CS shouldn't crash.
Nope - that was what I have been doing. It goes fine, but it is the process of saving when I have edited it that crashes it. I just tried to do it with no active file so I could make a new esp and try merging it myself - no dice. I tried re installing the CS - no dice. I don't know how I am supposed to finish this if I can't edit the exterior. I don't know how I will place doors or set up the AI to move the NPC's places like the weapon keeper to the town smith, etc. I am facing the fact I may not be able to finish this. That is a crushing thought because I have put alot of time into this one. I was having alot of fun with it. I'm gonna go dig around and see if I can find a way to help the problem.

You know, I know Bethesda said the CS was unsupported and all, but wouldn't the drive to write better software cause them to at least address some of the more egregious bugs? IMHO programmers that completely lack the desire to do more than mash out code with no error-checking AT ALL shouldn't be allowed to program :bitch:

Update: if I just load the esm without the travel esp (the one with the actual walls for the outer gate) I can save. So I am guessing it is something in the travel esp. I do get an error -

Model 'Architecture\Priory\WeynonDoor01.NIF' for non-light object 'WeynonDoo01' contains 1 lights.

Important?

Edit(x2): Well as long as I don't use the travel esp it works, probably too many polys or something stupid like that. Don't see why though (amd64 3000+, 1GB mem, nvidia 7600 GS OC 512MB.) Be that as it may, I figure I can work around that crappy limitation. Not gonna be easy thought, especially placing those doors. We'll see
Don't use the ST esm v2.5 for modding nor select the Travel esp it's for playing only. Hence your problems.

Download the latest version of the esm from the Source.

Model 'Architecture\Priory\WeynonDoor01.NIF' for non-light object 'WeynonDoo01' contains 1 lights.
It's normal, just ignore it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4