Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Elsweyr MQ Mane Quest Line
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
My suggestions for main quest and hidden intentions:
[TITLE]Mane[/TITLE]
Almost all history have the Mane as a peaceful party, he should remain so.

In the beginning he doesn't intend to anything, as the situation has been like this for a while.

Later he gets to know a prophecy. But as usually he wants things to be sorted out by peace. Some people inside both of the other doesn't want this to happen.

Eventually it does. And all the factions meet on some neutral ground and have a nice chat. The Clan Mothers isn't really cooperative. The Tribes are most likely cooperative to some extent.
[TITLE]Clan Mothers[/TITLE]
The Clan Mothers I can see manipulate the Tribes, by tricking them with that the Imperial Legion takes action against them, this might not be as far of as it sounds the Legion has reasons to take some of the Tribes out for helping the Krin out with money, the Clan Mothers might not wish the Imperials out of Elsweyr, but they would not be afraid to use them. This is what I would believe they could get out of this:

A: Ending a potent rival
B: Get the Tribes as a ally.
C: Set up a peace and make the Tribes(at least most of them) more friendly.
Or D: Waiting to the Tribes have suffered some losses and under heavy agreements(in favor of Clan) set up peace. (The Tribes would most likely turn on the Clan Mothers in the end if you ask me)

Or they could try and make a puppet out of the Mane Big Grin

[TITLE]Tribes[/TITLE]
The Tribes are more warriors. And I doubt they would be afraid of fighting whole Elsweyr. But instead Player gets into the faction by a smaller tribe who barely got access to the Council. The Chief fear for his tribe if there become a war. (Possibly some other reason not to have a war as well) Thus Players quest here will be to avoid a war. And most likely side up with the Mane afterwards. Or some other end but I've never been good at those.
Just tossing it out there, a full length MQ as you have described it, or shorter quest lines for the council and the ochlocracy (Player choice, we'll make it known which is the MQ). What do you think?
Quote:Originally posted by DarkAsmodeous
Just tossing it out there, a full length MQ as you have described it, or shorter quest lines for the council and the ochlocracy (Player choice, we'll make it known which is the MQ). What do you think?

... I'm not certain what you are asking...
I posted at least one idea for each of the parties. And I wish each of them made(parties)... ah, I can see I've wrote some mistakes Big Grin I'll just fix them.. And continue were I left it..

All of the parties would have people who doesn't like your presence in their faction.

The Tribes is as known holding on traditions, and as such you should not be allowed access to the Council; you are not in any of their tribes, thus on some way you must prove yourself to them, some will still not like your presence after this.

For the temple I'd suggest a High Priest or some other person in high authority dislike you a/o your presence. He might even begin disliking the Mane for allowing you presence.

The Clan Mothers I know far to little about.
You have held all quest lines as working towards peace.

I would like a Mane Quest line (hehe) centered around peace, with two shorter alts in service of the other factions.

Edit: At second thought, I like a number of the ideas you present... I'm uncertain at the moment, but the one we are in agreement on is the mane quest line, so that shall be our focus for now.
actually.. The Clan Mothers are most likely ending in full scale war if there is any mistakes, which there always is..

As for focusing on the Mane is this to be done in this tread?
Yes.
consider that I am mainly ignorant of Elsweyr and elsewhere outside of Black Marsh, Morrowind, and Dreugh...
so... given that the Clan Mothers are a powerful ruling 'class' of the southern Khajiit, the desert tribes of the north are a less wealthy but more militant group and the Mane a sort of Dali-Lhama who promotes peace in the province...
it makes sense to me that they'd also conveniently be separable into warrior-types, stealthy-types, and magic-using types... but not THAT clear cut, just a basis for their quests or style of executing jobs, etc.

Maybe the Clan Mothers are in disagreement with the Tribes... maybe an ancient agreement or custom is broken and both groups are close to tearing each other to shreds. The Mane is very concerned and wants to see a potentially genocidal war prevented. And this is where you come in... he trusts your wisdom, your skill, and has you as an advisor.... a great responsibility and honor and you can prevent war by...
A. directing the Khajiit to a common foe or problem
B. beating up both groups in a short war till they submit
C. siding with one group to help achieve stability
D. convincing the two groups to come and compromise

and so the player has the active role of choosing HOW to get peace and the Mane finances/ advises/ agrees or disagrees accordingly... however you can try to convince him that your suggestion is the right way and a certain questline developes... and maybe what would make it interesting is if you fail, there are three other avenues to achieve peace... ideally, you want to be able to get them to compromise, then if that doesn't totally work, get them to work together against a common threat, and if not then side with one, or if you have to, beat up both... but you choose how you do it

and therefore you can help the tribes or the clan mother, neither or both... some things will be harder to do than others (like getting them to work together or compromise) but that'll probably please the Mane more and make you fewer enemies right? I understand it would be hard... but maybe this will aloow the player to make decisions, use their role-played skill to get the job done in their style, and have different ways to approach the same problem....

I hope whatever I've said helps at all Smile
Why does everyone hate war... it expands technology and its true.
Quote:Originally posted by Ebonyknight
Why does everyone hate war... it expands technology and its true.
no... not everyone hates war, the Mane would just rather avoid it...
I think the Mane values the unity, lives, and welfare of the Khajiit people over technology...

War is 'great' but if you were the leader of a people, you'd probably not want them in a civil war
KuKulzA @ I'd say that is taking it somewhat far.. atleast that idea.. but I agree that the player should have choices with consequences, but that questline could go on for ever.

PS: The Mane is supposed to be the wise guy.. If it looks like someone else does his job, he is going down.

Ebonyknight @ There appear to be little technology research in Tamriel, and well little to research that would help any war effort(or any other effort)... And civil war usually just beat the living crap out of the country.

War is true in the sense that it happens.. little else about wars are true..
Pages: 1 2 3