Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: ships?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
as I am co-leader of the Dreugh mod I am wondering what Tsaesci ships are like...

Quote:Originally Posted by Albides

Contessa Narina Carvain of Bruma [....]

Back at the end of the First Era, raiders from the continent of Akavir attempted to gain a foothold here in Tamriel. At that time, the Empire was broken into smaller factions. Reman Cyrodiil decided to unify them and form an army to repel the Akaviri raiders. The force became known as the Army of Reman. The two armies clashed in what's now northern Cyrodiil. The Akaviri were strong and well supplied. But their greatest error was marching through Morrowind on the way to their objective and dismissing the response it would garner from Vivec. They didn't count on Lord Vivec forming an alliance with the Trident-Kings of the Dreugh. From Morrowind, he struck at their rear flank. Not only did this make the Akaviri fight on two fronts, it also cut off access to reinforcements and supplies from the sea.

so I'd like to see if you guys have ideas for ships cause I hope to have a sunken ship with Tsaesci or Akaviri man ghosts... with a lot of Akaviri food and weapon supplies etc. so i need to know what they loo like....
or am I free to draw a concept art of one and you guys see if you like it?

however First Era Tsaesci ships may be different than today's yeah?
I had three Asian ship designs in mind for Akaviri ships.
1: The Korean "Kobukson" (turtleship... and no, it's not a giant turtle) Tongue
2: A chinese "Junk".
3: The Japanese "Seki bune".

Personally, i like the Korean turtle ships a lot because they look awsome, but the Tsaesci would most likely use a japanese ship design.
I would like to use the turtle ships for the Tang Mo, but of course the models would have to be modelled Confusedigh:
I can't show pictures of the boats right now, maybe a google search would show how the bouts look like.
luckily I know about all three

being Taiwanese American and very interested in history has its perks, background in oriental culture but exposed to western, and interested in native americans, pacific islanders, Taiwanese, African, and SE.Asian cultures

i think the Seki bune will be great
Cool, i thought you might know them =)

I still need to get some pics, so some one can model them Big Grin
But right now it's time for me to get some sleep, see you later.
[Image: sekibuneos3.jpg]

Seki Bune right?

[/hr]

[Image: Kobukson_2.jpg]
[Image: kobukson.3DS_thumbnail1.jpg059f2d02-809c...8Large.jpg]

Turtle Ships...

[/hr]

[Image: pyro-chinese.JPG]
[Image: D4741-2.jpg]
[Image: exeter_junk.jpg]

Chinese Junk.....
not (THIS) Chinese junk :lol:
that's what the terracotta army became after Communists got to it :lmao:
oh, how we hate the communists.... they ain't even communists!

the current dynasty in China is the Mao-Dynasty?
who's the founder? Emperor Mao, claims to be 'Chairman Mao' but 'Chariman' is the communist equivalent of 'emperor'. China hasn't changed much in its perception and way of controlling the masses... its just changed names and gotten better at it
Perfect pictures! :goodjob:

Now all we need is to have a modeller bring them in-game :yes: (i just can't imagine any one doing it) :eek:
"Chinese Junk.....
not (THIS) Chinese junk
that's what the terracotta army became after Communists got to it
oh, how we hate the communists.... they ain't even communists!

the current dynasty in China is the Mao-Dynasty?
who's the founder? Emperor Mao, claims to be 'Chairman Mao' but 'Chariman' is the communist equivalent of 'emperor'. China hasn't changed much in its perception and way of controlling the masses... its just changed names and gotten better at it "

Yes, they are a corrupt oligarchy with a semi-capitalisitc system.
My question is, when the hell is the Republic of China (Taiwan) going to take back mainland China (People's Republic)???
The world has been waiting 58 years for this to happen...
We need these ships! :yes:

[Image: Mekurabune.jpg]

[Image: sekibuneatakabune.jpg]
http://library.thinkquest.org/6234/_borders/9.Ariel.jpg

Shipe more like this, would fit better.
I dont think samaurai, and ronin needed that big of ships because they didn't have cannons. Confusedhrug:

I think there should be more sailing ships, and there absolutely has to be a sailing script on at least one of each boat. It would make the mod taht, much better.
We could give the ships a sail, no problem with that.

But what made you say things like: "I dont think samurai, and ronin needed that big of ships because they didn't have cannons" :confused:
Can't you see the samurai on the pictures? Or the Japanese names for the ships?
I can assure you, the samurai did have those ships with cannons (and rockets too), i have studied Japanese military warfare and history for 15 years =)
The pictures show Japanese navy warfare as it was done in about 1580AD - 1615AD Wink

EDIT: You can click on the pictures to see a bigger and clearer version, and then you can enlarge it so you can even read the small text.
Pages: 1 2