Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: SHC43 "The Bridge Inn" [Finished]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
The "Bridge Inn".

I would like to thank :goodjob::

-TheronNightStar - Initial lay-out
- TheImperialDragon for his Fighter Guild additions
- trebor197676 for his efforts
- jucklesjenk for the finalizing touches (script, dialogue, AI and so on).

Review and fixes: sandor.

blue[/HR]

Please continue with the existing layout/content made by trebor197676 (current version). You have to use esm v3.31 or a higher version.

The "Bridge Inn" (screenshot) is situated near the bridge that connects the road from Steadhelm to the main land (Ashunor valley). The road leads to Lumen Julianii, Ald Nium, Soluthis and Silgrad city. In the opposite direction the road leads to Steadhelm and Ebbedin.

Claim Difficulty: Medium - Difficult.

Races: Nord and Dunmer.

NPC's : 4.
The owner is a Nord (and well-off), he's married and has two servants.

Name generator.
The NPC('s) must have (full) dialogue and AI. Don't forget the pathgrid.

Description.

It's a "grand Inn" which is important for travelers (many officials) coming from Silgrad city and Soluthis. They serve all sorts of food and a wide variety of drinks (low to high quality). Their specialty is a vintage wine from Vaniken's Vineyard (Soluthis).

There is a large basement where the owner lives, including the servants.
The player can rent a luxurious room (also in the basement).

Face counts:

Main building: 400k or more (max 450k).
The basement: 450k.

blue[/HR]
:alert: 10.02.08

Use the existing cells to start modding (made by TheronNightStar).

There are 6 cells, Steadhelm43 etc.
Don't hesitate to change the layout to your liking. Smile

The scripts could be useful as well.
I would be interested in this one.

One question though, what are facecounts?
Excellent! Steadhelm here we come! :goodjob: I'm pretty sure that facecounts are the number of 'sides' that a polygonal mesh object has in-game. If you have too many then the fps (frames per second) is reduced and the game lags severely.....
Have fun! Smile

Could you decorate one of the rooms for rent in Dunmer style?

I attached a screenshot for the face count.
The face count also depends on your final lay-out so it could be lower than planned.

If required I can help you with the scripts.
Sure, I will make one of them Dunmer. I looked at the cells last night, WOW! Lots of space in this one. I will try to find enough stuff to fill it. If anyone has any suggestions on specific items to use or anything else please let me know. I am always open to suggestions. I liked the steam room, adds a nice touch.

OH, I noticed in the CS that you have a toilet for Hlaalu, and an outside toilet for dunmer. First of all, hilarious :lmao:, feces was kinda gross :eek:, the butt wiper was, well, weird, but funny as well. Which brings me to my question of use for them: Should every household get one or, is it made only for a certain instance? Is there other indoor versions or, can every interior use the same Hlaalu toilet?

I will most likely need help with the scripts, thanks for being willing to help.

About the face counts again:
Sorry still confused :confused:,
So there is a face count on every item except sound and lights? I loaded the cell in the image you uploaded and there were many items. Does each item count as one face count? If not where do you find the face count for each item? Or is there a total face count per cell that can be totaled somehow?
Quote:Originally posted by trebor197676
Or is there a total face count per cell that can be totaled somehow??
If you select every object for that cell you'll see the total face count as shown in the screenshot (or select one object and you'll know the face count for that specific object). To the left of that figure you'll see the total face count for the cell as well (unselected).
Basically all of the models (also called meshes) used in games like Oblivion consist of a bunch of glued-together triangles. For instance, a simple cube would have a face count of 12 (6 faces * 2 triangles per face). Sounds and lights serve as markers for effects rather than displayable items, hence the face count of 0.

As for finding the face count per item in the CS, that has to be done indirectly by adding or removing an item and noting the face count difference reported by the CS. In general face count matters in two ways:
  • If too high, lag may result during gameplay; seldom a problem for interiors smaller than a cave system. Smile
  • Face count is also used as a proxy for whether an interior is "cluttered enough." We want the space to looked actually lived-in and interesting for the player.

HTH,
Steve
Not sure how to do the quote thing, but wanted to re post this to get an answer about toilets: (not sure it was seen, was editing reply when it was responded to earlier)

"Sure, I will make one of them Dunmer. I looked at the cells last night, WOW! Lots of space in this one. I will try to find enough stuff to fill it. If anyone has any suggestions on specific items to use or anything else please let me know. I am always open to suggestions. I liked the steam room, adds a nice touch.

OH, I noticed in the CS that you have a toilet for Hlaalu, and an outside toilet for dunmer. First of all, hilarious :lmao: , feces was kinda gross :eek:, the butt wiper was, well, weird, but funny as well. Which brings me to my question of use for them: Should every household get one or, is it made only for a certain instance? Is there other indoor versions or, can every interior use the same Hlaalu toilet?

I will most likely need help with the scripts, thanks for being willing to help."
When you want to quote a post, click on the button with that name just above the black line of that post.

I'm glad you like the toilets Smile I made one of them, the Hlaalu one, and the accessories you mentioned. If it's any consolation the feces isn't textured with actual feces hehe. I had fun making the buttwiper because that's the technique a lot of folks used before they invented toilet paper (though in real life I think they just tied a rag around a stick). The Hlaalu toilet is intended for general use in interiors of Silgrad Tower (the city), at least those where the homeowner is reasonably well-off.

I haven't made a Redoran toilet yet. Perhaps I should? I'm kinda short on ideas of how it would look though.
Quote:Originally posted by trebor197676
I liked the steam room, adds a nice touch.

I realize now that it is a kitchen not a steam room.

I have put some buckets in the kitchen in which I put "STIDWater03Square512" etc, in. Scaled at 0.050.

The water will look really weird without the bucket. Is there a way to make sure the buckets can't be moved by the pc?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6