Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Armor Concepts and history
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Well, I didn't see much at all relating to the Ka Po' Tun armor, so I thought I'd throw in some ideas here. If anybody else has some armor ideas then this would be a good place to post them. Here is something I made on photoshop, I thought this armor was fitting for the Ka Po' Tun, I like the idea of a robe-like armor. I was thinking something like this could be used for the more royal Ka Po', like an ancestral armor, we could give it some history. Comments??

[Image: KaPocopy.jpg]
LINKWe are going for armor from India.

Char aina (cuirass)
[Image: hb_48.92.1.jpg]

Bazu band (for the lower arms)
[Image: 5366.jpg]

I have already seen a helmet mod we can use, i posted a link somewhere in these forums, but i would have to look for it.

Shield: LINK
That is cool armor, but where do you put this stuff, I mean, I looked through the different threads trying to find things armor but I couldn't find anything, so I always end up giving suggestions for things that have already been decided, lol.
You can see armor and weapons in Corthians wip thread (there is also an old closed wip thread).
There is no picture of the helmet i want to use here, but there should be a link to the mod somewhere (i will try to find it).

EDIT: This armor and helmet: LINK + this mongolian bow: LINK
Quote:Originally posted by Aetherius
Well, I didn't see much at all relating to the Ka Po' Tun armor, so I thought I'd throw in some ideas here. If anybody else has some armor ideas then this would be a good place to post them. Here is something I made on photoshop, I thought this armor was fitting for the Ka Po' Tun, I like the idea of a robe-like armor. I was thinking something like this could be used for the more royal Ka Po', like an ancestral armor, we could give it some history. Comments??

Is that the guy from Pirates of the Carribean 3? lol
I think medevil chinese armor would be the best bet http://chinese-armour.freewebspace.com/images/arm17.jpg, the armor found on the terakata warriors. I think reob armor would be a good idea for high ranking soilders, and more bare-bones armor for the grunts.
Quote:Originally posted by Mortazo
I think medevil chinese armor would be the best bet http://chinese-armour.freewebspace.com/images/arm17.jpg, the armor found on the terakata warriors. I think reob armor would be a good idea for high ranking soilders, and more bare-bones armor for the grunts.

Mortazo the link does not work for me Sad

Chinese armor does not suit the Ka'Po, they like light partial plate and/or light partial chainmail, complete suits of Chinese lamellar armor and Chinese brigandine suits are not suitable for the jungle, they would make the perfect home for all sorts of bugs in a jungle environment... and they would not fit the Ka'Po culture.
(This reminds me to make sure the southern Tang'mo don't get hot suits of armor unsuitable to their environment).

When suggesting armor for the Ka'Po, keep this in mind people: the Ka'Po live in a swampy jungle with about 80% humidity and monsoon seasonal rain, Chinese lamellar armor would get mud in it's scales all the time... NOT COOL! :no:
Much of the land will be like the Sunderbans (the bay of Bengal, India), and it's perfect for tigers Big Grin
The only type of armor the Ka'Po would wear here is the light Char aina (cuirass) and Bazu band (for the lower arms) and a light helmet, that's it, not even metal armor for their legs (because of the mud).

A large part of Ka'Po Tun is desert, light partial chainmail would be the logical choice for armor here, the north-east coast of the desert might have Ka'Po with Mongolian style lamellar armor, i will have to think about it some more before i make a choice about that.
It should be noted that the desert is also home to a canine sub-race, they are part of Ka'Po Tun, the tiger race does not like the desert very much (but who does?).
The Ka'Po Tun sound very chiense to me. Though few descriptions exist,they seem to be the China to the Tsaesci's Japan. Though it is likly the southern portionsre marshy, the reigons closer to Kamal are probebly colder and snowy.
Quote:Originally posted by Mortazo
The Ka'Po Tun sound very chiense to me. Though few descriptions exist,they seem to be the China to the Tsaesci's Japan. Though it is likly the southern portionsre marshy, the reigons closer to Kamal are probebly colder and snowy.

Think of the only alternative, the poor Tang Mo in the desert, without their precious trees and bananas Big Grin
It would not fit in with the bigger picture that is Akavir.
Kamal is cold and snowy, it's all mountains.... very high mountains.
Kamal is in the north of Akavir :yes:

The Ka'Po will be given claw weapons, incuding the katar (a weapon from India).
Chinese weapons like their swords would never suit the savage Ka Po who like to tear their enemies apart with claws, and that's another good reason to say they are not Chinese at all.
Besides, i just can't picture those little Chinese Kung Fu guys as savage tigers (i prefer monkey style kung fu over tiger style) Tongue

Great! Now i have the silly picture of a Ka'Po doing Tai-chi stuck in my mind... :eek:
Is Kamal not supsoed to be next to Tang Mo? That's why india would be the logical culture for Tang Mo.
Pages: 1 2 3 4