Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: New main quest?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
We need to figure out what to do about a main quest is we aren't going to use the plot line that Cog was working on. Since there were quite a few people who were unhappy with the idea of the Nerevarine in Akavir. So what will we do instead?
Quote:Originally posted by Ysne
We need to figure out what to do about a main quest is we aren't going to use the plot line that Cog was working on. Since there were quite a few people who were unhappy with the idea of the Nerevarine in Akavir. So what will we do instead?

We are'nt gonna use his work!? :pop:
It would have said "why not?" but you have already said why.

... So, at this point i think it's fair to mention the fact that the Nerevarine most likely did go to Akavir, and what would we do with that rumor?
And even if we decide to dump the Nerevarine, we will need to think of a way to still make use of Cogs main quest, otherwise he would have done everything for nothing, and i don't even like the thought of that :eek:

However, now that we are talking about such drastic measures, i would like to have a new height map to be created, since ours just is'nt 100% lore friendly (but it should be noted that most of the official lore about Akavir does contradict itself).
Actually, Cog was under the impression that we aren't going to use his work. I wasn't sure after reading through the main quest thread.

I really like his work and do want to use it if we can, but if we aren't going to use it, we need to move on.
Hey. Just thought I'd been watching a tad too long and not talking enough.

Here's a farily random idea I just feel compelled to say:

What if the Kamal have found a way to bypass the yearly freezes? This could pose a serious threat to all of Akavir.

Just thought I'd say it.
Welcome to the Akavir forums Jexsam =)

That's a scary idea you got there, the player would have to stop the Kamal before that happens or Akavir will be one big warzone.
Hmmm... kinda reminds me of the Oblivion gates and having to shut them before anything bad happens.
Hrmmmmm...Kamal invasion....That would give someone from Tamriel a reason to go to Akavir. After the Kamalians (Kamalese?) were done with Akavir, Cyrodiil would probably be next.

Which of the Daedra would be most likely to help the Kamal? An idea for bringing Oblivion involvement.
Quote:Originally posted by Ysne
Hrmmmmm...Kamal invasion....That would give someone from Tamriel a reason to go to Akavir. After the Kamalians (Kamalese?) were done with Akavir, Cyrodiil would probably be next.

Which of the Daedra would be most likely to help the Kamal? An idea for bringing Oblivion involvement.

They could of made a deal with the Fire Atronach Lord(s) to come and thaw them out, with their legions.
Quote:Originally posted by Kodama
Hmmm... kinda reminds me of the Oblivion gates and having to shut them before anything bad happens.
Yeah. But in Oblivion if you don't do anything related to main quest you won't see any threat to Cyrodill at all. Kinda stupid thing. Tongue
I skimmed the main quest thread, and it seems solid. Of course, if you wanted to use the Kamal Invasion, you still could, just as a minor quest, possibly given to you by worried Ka Po'Tun or Tang Mo leaders. Maybe even a Tseasci (I'm sure I mispelled that, and on an Akavir forum too! SHAME ON ME!), if they thought the threat was large enough to pull in "outside help".
Whatever plot is decided on, it's rule of thumb to always throw the player in assuming they have NO knowledge of anything to do with Akavir. You can slightly bend this by having a prequel quest in Cyrodil that gives some background lore and introduction to possible characters in the plot, but all in all the rule still stands.

I think the original idea of an expedition was great, and you can easily incorporate this and not include the Nerevarine (can't remember the spelling). Would be more appropriate for new people to the Elder Scrolls Series that don't have a clue about anything. Hell I never completed Morrowind, I just borrowed it off a friend and messed around on it.

More elaborated rule of thumb bullet points:

Basics
- Consider new players being clueless
- Introduce all characters as best as possible (unless story needs them to be mysterious)
- Never throw too much at the player at a time

Advanced
- Lore-oriented side quests
- Books
- Conversations / Dialogue (can be linked to quests)

It's simple story-telling guidelines really, among other things. I'm quite chuffed with the stuff I know now about usability, story-telling, character representation. My college course really paid off. :yes: I expect a lot of this is obvious, but it's important to remember it AND check on it whenever creating something.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6