Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Heightmap
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Kodama and I have discussed the landscape he was working on. It turns out that the Tscaesci lands are in the south-west according to the Ionith report, but in our heightmap, we had placed it in the northwest.

We are thinking that we should just start the whole thing from scratch, with help from the lore experts to make sure its more lore correct. We have a couple of limitations. Kodama still doesn't have a new computer. I don't have a computer powerful enough to do the heightmapping and my modding skills stink.

We need someone who can tackle this. I think we are getting close to a point where we can start consolidating everyone's hard work into an alpha release once we have a lore correct heightmap.

EDIT by Kodama: I said it was the south-west, not south-east Wink
I know I've offered in the past, but I'm not committing to anything else until the next Elsweyr thread is out, once it is, if this isn't done, I'll revisit it, feel free to remind me.
As you may know, TIL is down as of the moment, if you need to access First Glimpse of Akavir, it's here on TESF.

i believe I posted my idea for all of Akavir in the Geography thread, if you want me to explain I'm happy to babble.
Yeah, I noticed that it was down when I was double checking my facts on the lore correctness. I've got so much info floating through my head its hard to keep track of it all, particularly with the fibromyalgia interfering with brain function.

Thank you for posting the link Brian, and thanks for your patience DA, we will revisit it with you if we still need it when you get the next part of your project done.
in case you happen to be too lazy to shuffle yourelf through a few threads to find this here it is. how glorious.
[Image: akamap2sx0.png]
Ok, I just stickied this so we won't have trouble finding it again as new threads are made. I had gone and looked it up but having that picture handy is really useful.
I am thinking of editing that, because I've recently thought that Tang Mo isn't a bunch of islands so much as an estuary caused by glacial run off rivers, a land criss-crossed by lots of little creeks from Kamal, something kind of shwon in the above map. Unless maybe that's difficult make.
I could do it, but you wouldn't be able to plan the island layout at all, what would come would come. Basicaly, I'd submerge that whole section beneath the sea flat, set the nosie variance high, set it to raise, and just raise many small islands.
Note that in the first post Ysne said that Tsaesci is in the south-east, but that's not what i told her, I said it was the south-west.
So i have corrected the first post Wink
EDIT: I'm surprised no one noticed the mistake Big Grin

DA, thanks for your offer to help us, i realize you're very busy with Elsweyr :goodjob:

Brian S, i actually mentioned you to Ysne when we were talking about the need of a new heightmap yesterday, so it's nice to see you have already joined the conversation =)
I would really like to talk with you about the shape of the land, something that always bothered me about our old heightmap, is that there was very little space to put the four Tang-Mo races we had planned, i had problems fitting the towns on the islands.
An estuary is an interesting idea, but i think i can't fit as much as i would like to, into our heightmap, so this is why i have been thinking about making a separate heightmap for the Tang Mo empire, as an archipelago of large and small islands.
That way we will have a lot of space for large jungles, forests, and estuaries, aswell as all the towns and dungeons we want =)
And then we can also make the other empires of a respectable size.

I'm not sure how we will fit Kamal in, Kamal has always been a lore problem, but i was thinking to make Akavir a continent that stretches from the north of Nirn, to the south of Nirn, that way we can fit Kamal either near the north pole, or the south pole (that will give us more options to work with Big Grin

So at this point, what do we know about where the lands of Akavir are?
We know Tsaesci is in the south-west, this has been confirmed by the disaster at Ionith report, we know Kamal is ice hell, so it would need to be near the north or south pole.
We know Tang Mo has a lot of islands, and we know Ka'Po is now bigger (or at least more powerfull) then Tsaesci.
Is there anything i might have missed?
Well, on it's geographic location, to quote myself

The report mentions that the winter weather was worse than anticipated, and that blizzards pestered the colonies. Here in Tamriel, winter storms are very uncommon, save for the northern provinces and high elevations. This suggests that Akavir is actually northeast of Tamriel, though foreign weather patterns is also a possibility. Also note that Kamal is described as a wasteland, while the northern-most parts of Tamriel don't even come close.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16