Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Tariffs and Trade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've created this quest in the construction set, all that remains for me to do is test it (which I'll do tomorrow because it is late here at the moment). I think it can best be described through the journal entries so I'll list them here.

10 I've spoken with the smith Clagius Caro in The Village Accounterments. He told me that a shipment of weapons destined for his shop is being held up at the southern gate of Soluthis by a greedy taxman. Apparently the taxman is claiming that no tariffs have been paid on the shipment, and that he won't allow it to be delivered the The Village Accounterments until the tariffs have been paid. Clagius wants me to find a way to get the weapons delivered to the shop.

20 I've spoken with the taxman who is holding up the shipment of weapons. He assured me that the tariffs really hadn't been paid on them. I was able to convince him to accept a bribe anyway. However he told me that he cannot allow me to take the weapons while the nearby guardsman is still here. I'll have to find some way to draw the guardsman away from the weapons. Perhaps someone nearby will have an idea.

30 I've spoken with the taxman who is holding up the shipment of weapons. He assured me that the tariffs really hadn't been paid on them. I tried to bribe him into allowing the weapons through but he wouldn't accept. I'll have to find some way to lure both the guard away from the weapons. Perhaps someone nearby will have an idea.

40 I've spoken with the taxman who is holding up the shipment of weapons. He assured me that the tariffs really hadn't been paid on them. I'll have to find some way to lure the guard away from the weapons. Perhaps someone nearby will have an idea.

50 I spoke with a man named Sadryn Reno who suggested that a good way would be to start a fire and then call the guard for help. He told me that he would tell the guard if I start the fire. I'll need to head to a large pile of wood and cast a fireball spell at it.

55 I've set the planks of wood on fire. I can now ask Sadryn to tell the guard.

60 Sadryn has gone to tell the guard. I can head back to the gate and take the weapons with nobody to stop me now.

90 I've acquired all of the weapons. I can take them back to Clagius Caro now.

100 I delivered the weapons to Clagius Caro. He gave me several powerful potions and a rare book as a reward.
(^ if you bribed the taxman)

100 I delivered the weapons to Clagius Caro. He gave me several powerful potions as a reward.

Once I've made sure the quest works all properly I'll upload it for review.
That sounds like a neat quest. Not very flashy, but these quests are the bread and butter of any game, and add a lot of extra depth and substance to the world.

Bravo for your initiative! If more people would do these, the beta versions would be more than eye-candy.

This is exactly the kind of thing this mod needs more of.
Here it is.
Super :goodjob:

Thanks Lingwei

Sandor needs to review this before we list it as completed
and we shall go from their Big Grin

Enjoy
Bob
I'l reply later this evening.
It's a very nice quest. Smile

I have four remarks.

Taxman dial.

Greeting.

Info : "You, stop right there. Where do you think you are going with those weapons?", (Stage 90, GetStageDone 20 == 0 (no bribe))--->
Adds the StLiVASmuggleNoneofYourBus choice which sets set StLiVASmuggle.talkedtotax to 1.

I assume the script is intended to "startconversation player" once (the player didn't bribe the taxman).
Change "GetStageDone StLiVASmuggle 20 == 1" to "GetStageDone StLiVASmuggle 20 == 0" (see below).

If not.
The other info:"I see no further reason to talk to you. Now hurry along.", (GetStageDone 20 == 1 (the taxman was bribed))
The script will cause the Taxman to "startconversation player" more than once because StLiVASmuggle.talkedtotax remains 0.

Original script.
Code:
Scriptname StLiVASmuggleScript

short talkedtotax

begin gamemode

if ( GetStage StLiVASmuggle == 90 ) && ( GetStageDone StLiVASmuggle 20 == 1 ) && ( talkedtotax == 0 )
    StLiVASmuggleTaxmanRef.startconversation player
endif

end

Topic: StLiBribeTaxman.

Info : "Attempting to bribe a taxman of the Empire is a serious offense. I will allow it to slide for the time being since you were only acting for another".
I think the GetActorValue function for "Speechcraft" should be <50 in order to show up in-game and to trigger stage 30.

Could you add a "begin OnDeath" script for the involved NPC's?
In that case the quest can't be completed and the script will stop the quest.

The voice files can't be played.
Speechcraft skill check now has the correct value.

Script now checks for if GetStageDone StLiVASmuggle 20 == 0 .

Ondeath scripts will end quest if npcs killed (plus added dialogue making it clear that you aren't meant to kill anyone).

I'm not sure why the voice files wouldn't play. They have the correct filename. Although I did create a new sound folder and voice folder in the sound folder (since 7z doesn't allow you to delete things once they have been placed in the archive). Still since it has the same path name in the archive (sound/voice/stlivasmuggle.esp) it should work. I could create a bsa and you could unpack it from that directly perhaps?

Either way here is the updated version.
I checked out this 7Z and all the MP3s were 78K, which is the Simon & Garfunkel size*. Were there supposed to be audible voices?

Bewilderedly yours,
Steve

*The Sounds of Silence Smile
The quest is ready! :goodjob:

I merged the file.

I tried to play the voice files with two different programs.
The file runs but there's no audio.
The bit and sample rate are ok.

Perhaps as SACarrow suggested, the size matters.

The voice ID's have to be changed because the file has been merged to the esm (the form ID's were updated).

If you have to rerecord the files I'll send you the link for the updated esm.

blue[/HR]

I like the way how you structured the quest, my compliments for that.

Would you be willing to create other quests?

You could pick an existing quest line or create a new one from scratch.
What do you think?
The voice files were meant to be silent, I think that's what you guys were getting at, right?

If so yes they were meant to be silent. I use a generic silent mp3 (so that the text stays on the screen for 9 seconds) and generic lip file (because it is too troublesome switching back and forth between CS versions just to generate lip files) for every dialogue response that I make.

Quote:Would you be willing to create other quests?

You could pick an existing quest line or create a new one from scratch.
What do you think?

Bob directed me to a list of quests that need completing and time permitting I'll try and get at least a few of them done.
Pages: 1 2