Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Odai Plateau
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
well if your force wasn't big enogh to storm a defended place, wasn't able to make or get siege weapons...
you could always sit down and wait till the people starve....

but my favorite would be:
in the Hunic invasions, the Huns would make camps outside a besieged city. Since there was the danger of the Bubonic Plague, any Huns found to have the plague OR their corpses would be put into catapults and hurled into the city :chaos:

Redoran should've loaded corprus monsters into catapults and beat the Hlaalu :lmao:
But if the attackers cornered Hlaalu in Balmora, then they must have powerfull army, right?
not necessarily... Gnaar Mok would be easy to take... not by land... but sneaking on it in the fog or something...
Hla Oad, we plan to be a big port, so troops disguised as merchants in a ship.. etc.etc. could attack it from within and attackers besiege it on outside... crushing it...
and then if the Odai Plateau falls in a concerted attack by the Odai River and the swampy region to its west....
then Balmora is open to attack

EDIT: remember, the hlaalu don't have huge amounts of defendable land on Vvardenfell... they do have economically strategic regions..
and the Ascadian Isles... well they got those illegally...
Yes, but if territory was taken by trickery, Hlaalu would retaliate. So attacker WOULD need to have an army.
they'd need an army... but not necessarily a huge one...
What do you mean?
alright... I'll give an example...
say the Redoran were to kill off the Hlaalu...

the House will get Morag Tong to kill imperial Legion generals and Hlaalu councilors.. as many as possible... so as to cripple leadership... and soon after...
then they'd send troops to the Bitter Coast...
their large garrison in Marandus can sweep down to raze the Ascadian isle plantations as the mainland troops take Gnaar Mok...
troops are sent by boat from Gnisis, Ald Velothi, and Khuul to Gnaar Mok. troops in Ald Ruhn & Bal Isra will march down to Caldera...
more troops can be sent directly to Hla Oad, and those in Gnaar Mok will go by land to attack it also....
the mainland forces will split up, one to take the Odai plateau or at least besiege it while another marches up the Odai... joined by the Marandus garrison having finished burning up the Ascadian Isle plantations...
the army in Caldera marches on Balmora...

Balmora is pinned between two armies...
Legions have little effectiveness due to the fact that their brilliant generals are dead and they are outnumbered and cornered...
Hlaalu cannot respond quick enough since many leaders are dead....

the Redoran, knowing that they have few siege weapons... and that getting more would really strain their resources and treasury, camp outside Balmora till the city starves to death....
much of the cash left must be invested in protecting mainland defenses....

not a perfect strategy, but it could work if it all happens simultaneously... Hlaalu won't even know what hit 'em till they are starving in Balmora and Narsis just finds out that their colonies are gone...
Great, awesome plan KuKulzA! :goodjob:
Its' all made up perfectly but it rides too much on assassins succes.
Looks like you alredy had this planned from before. Cool
Big Grin
having my background is planning strategic attacks and Real Time Strategy games...
I remember playing chess and risk, and other board games...
all strategy...

and yeah... success does ride on the assassins... but if they succeed... Hlaalu leadership on Vvardenfell is crippled, if not, Redoran would have a tougher time....

I've actually looked on a map and worked ou possible strategies for the Houses if they were to try to attack each other :yes:
Sounds like you bloaks have been busy in my absence. Anyletting you know exterior design is almost finished then i'm gonan start on the layout of the mine. I'll leave the buildings till later. This wont' be my best work KuKulzA so please bare with me i'm just thrwoign things togeahter as quickly as i can find them i'm just haveing troubel haveing to go thru items one at a time til i find waht i'm lookgin for lol. I'm gonna be gone next week after sunday and won't be back till teh 27th so i shoudl eb posting a screenshot or two then and sending you a fiel to look at. you'll haev to have a game where you have the stronghold built to look at it though. i'm leaving things scripted so tehy wont' show up until tehn. wel the buildings/walls wont. the mine and stuff ive' added myself will. Take care dudes. Oh and to let ya know i was expecting the counciler to be trustworthy. ACtually i was plannig on him being one of the head councilers. Big deal being the last stop before balmorra.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10