Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Steadhelm Overhaul Claim [Finished]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Finished by jucklesjenk.

Updated December 10th 2009.

The basic Steadhelm region has been finished, I attached a screenshot of the forest. Smile

Steadhelm is almost ready except for an overhaul of the AI, quests and some other issues that have to be checked.

This claim is intended for someone who likes to improve the quality of our mod and knows how to handle the AI. Further a lot of playtesting is required.

Description.

:check: means fixed.
  • Check every interior cell for the correct ownership :check:

• Check the ownership of every door so that the AI works (locking/unlocking) :check:

• Make sure that every NPC eats, sleeps, walks around in town, reads, drinks etc., so it's interesting for the player to visit the different interiors. :check:

• Add a few customers to the Steadhelm restaurant (Steadhelm08, The Rusty Guar). (*) :check:

• Add a few lines (Greeting and one topic) to the NPC's without dialogue. Use the dialogue button of the NPC (Ignore the StCrime/Generic dialogue).
    [blockquote]No dialogue: SHC07/SHC26/SHC27/SHC39 :check:

• Replace most of the existing (similar chairs only) furniture with the following custom assets:

[blockquote]
    [1] Furniture>>ST>>Imperial>>Lowerclass>>
    [2] Furniture>>ST>>Furniture>>Imperial>> (Hortus benches are for the exterior, please add a few) :check:
    [/blockquote]
  • Replace most of the existing silver cutlery (90 % of the interiors, including the castle) with the following custom assets:
    [blockquote]MiscItem>>ST>>Imperial>>Silverware>>StRwMiscImpSilverBowl02 etc.[/blockquote] :check:
  • Replace/add objects with the following custom assets:
    [blockquote]MiscItem>>ST>>Imperial[/blockquote] :check:
  • Replace some of the weapons with the following custom assets:
    [blockquote]Weapon>>ST>>Weapons>> (Don't use the JW & FGa ones)[/blockquote] :check:
  • Replace most of the tapestries with the following custom assets:
    [blockquote]Static>>ST>>Furniture>>Imperial>>Tapestry[/blockquote] :check:
  • Replace/add more objects with the following custom assets:
    [blockquote]Static>>ST>>Clutter>>Imperial>>
    Static>>ST>>Clutter>>Paintings>> (Don't use Dunmer paintings e.g. about Soluthis, Redoran)[/blockquote] :check:
    [blockquote]Static>>ST>>Furniture>>Imperial>>Upperclass/Lowerclass[/blockquote] :check:
    [blockquote]Magic>>ST>>Clutter>>Bottles>>[/blockquote] :check:
    [blockquote]Ingredient>>ST>>Like bread etc.[/blockquote] :check:
  • If you see floaters, fix these.

• Do not alter the existing interiors except for the things I mentioned above.

• Split your work into 4 or 5 esp's, after you submitted an esp wait for the esm patch.

• Replace the legion armor (castle barracks) with our own armor.

Known issues: :check:
  • SHC13 needs more dialogue
  • SHC07/15/26/27/39 ---> Check AI
  • SHC26 --> Door locking and a lot more clutter (also for SHC39)
  • Interiors made by Trankintor (TK, he made many nice ints) have a good AI schedule except for the castle SHC23, the patrolling routes have to be rechecked
  • Don't alter the "SteadhelmFightersGuild" cell (everything is fine, AI, Dial and so on).

(*) Check if the restaurant chair is persistent, then delete (NOT really) the chair and you'll see the attached AI packs.

ST general anims.

Steadhelm archive for info about the claims.

Of course I am always willing to help and/or to give advice.
The OP has been updated. Smile
Quote:Originally posted by sandor
•Add a few customers to the Steadhelm restaurant
Does this mean just add people who constantly eat?
Quote:Originally posted by jucklesjenk
Quote:Originally posted by sandor
•Add a few customers to the Steadhelm restaurant
Does this mean just add people who constantly eat?

Possibly by taking some of the existing NPCs and having them take a meal at the restaurant, as long as it wouldn't interfere with quests or anything like that.

Just a suggestion needing sandor's approval first.

Trying to stagger back from Mafia Wars,
Steve
As Steve said use some existing NPC's who live in Steadhelm.

I updated the OP, don't alter the "SteadhelmFightersGuild" cell (everything is fine, AI, Dial and so on).
Just done a quick playtest of Steadhelm. It looks fantastic! :bananarock:

I'm just wondering a few things:

1. Should I add dialogue to the theatre director or will there be a related quest meaning that I don't have to?

2. Is the furniture warehouse supposed to be almost completely empty?

3. Is the Bible of the Deep Ones supposed to be in the priory house for the Chapel of Zenithar? I thought that was supposd to be only in Hackdirt.

4. Steadhelm05Basement has an Ungrddoor that goes nowhere.
I would also like to mention the refugees from Kvatch, but this is TID's work so consultation between quarters will be necessary. Smile When the refugees leave the ship, they leave all at once and tend to knock each other off the single plank. I'd recommend multiple planks and a staggered departure schedule myself.

HTH,
Steve
Thanks. Smile

Quote:Originally posted by jucklesjenk
Just done a quick playtest of Steadhelm. It looks fantastic! :bananarock:

I'm just wondering a few things:

1. Should I add dialogue to the theatre director or will there be a related quest meaning that I don't have to?

2. Is the furniture warehouse supposed to be almost completely empty?

3. Is the Bible of the Deep Ones supposed to be in the priory house for the Chapel of Zenithar? I thought that was supposd to be only in Hackdirt.

4. Steadhelm05Basement has an Ungrddoor that goes nowhere.
  1. No, because these lines are scripted and voiced.
  2. No, please add more stuff.
  3. You're right please remove/replace it.
  4. IIRC it was the idea to make it larger, please remove it.

Quote:Originally posted by SACarrow
I would also like to mention the refugees from Kvatch, but this is TID's work so consultation between quarters will be necessary. Smile When the refugees leave the ship, they leave all at once and tend to knock each other off the single plank. I'd recommend multiple planks and a staggered departure schedule myself.
I'll contact TID.
Should I change anything in the Morag Tong Guildhall?

Since it's a dunmer organisation, it could get away with having dunmer furniture but it's up to you.

It also doesn't get locked at night, so should I make a key for it?

Edit: Has a key been made for the House For Sale, because it isn't on the lock tab. If so, could you tell me the ID, because there's hundreds of ST keys and it's near-impossible to find the right one.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5