Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Map!!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
OUCH! raggidman bumps head - wassoat? ahhhh - mappy Big Grin

I used to do maps with thick acrylic, and layering - with dry brushing silver onto or under a transparent blue for the water - but purlease remove that Amroth word - sounds like an alien realm Wink

It has feel like it is on cloth

this technique has possibilities - esp for quest maps -

can you brighten and intensify the colour for some special feature to get a contrast? say for a specific location?

back in 10 mins about
Well, technically that's a small section of a now as-of-yet unofficially named continent for something else I'm working on, so I guess it is technically an alien realm Wink

Also, yeah, it does have a cloth feel, but that's mainly because of the texture I used while creating the base of the image. I can easily switch it up with a different one that has a more papyrus/paper feel (however that image will be something seperate and just the parchment).

And of course, when I make the color changes, I'll remove the Amroth (I just wanted to have more words than Plains).
i quite like the clothiness... cloth is better in desert? takes up less room than parchment, wont get as badly creased ripped? I think it would be nice on the elsweyr map, to have more colour variation? so shades of green in the forest? possibly based on the abundance of certain trees in that area? but then flaked away and faded also...

Still its very nice work there drucifer Big Grin

Could you do a mock up of the elsweyr map? that might make it easier for us to add input

thanks,
Edd
Quick mock up of Elsweyr? Sure I'll give it a go and try to get the general shape down of the borders and the placement of Orcrest and Rimmen. I'll try and guesstimate the 'buffer zone' between the desert and jungle.

To TIL! Must get proper river/ jungle border reference.
Here is th ecommon room map link to the TIL map room:
I'm having a little trouble figuring out how exactly I should make the desert, jungle, and transition between the two look.

This is what I have so far for this initial test : blammo!

I need to fix how Cyrodiil looks along the Niben.
:goodjob: i like it. yeh, as you said the niben is looking a little misshapen Tongue and on rivers also, i think they should finish as a point, not a rounded end like you have done with the xylo... just a small thing.. i like the paper texture Big Grin

Edd
the problem with the niben is that I didn't color it the same way I did with Valenwood and the differences didn't show up until after I got rid of the construction lines.
:yes: Cinnamon and nutmeg :thumbsup:

Tasty.

If you make a vastly enlarged copy, draw the river shape with a tiny stream at the start, and then reduce the dimensions so that you have a more desireable and manageable size? That way the change in the river's diameter can be more controlled.
I'm trying to update the freakin' image, so the link is dead, but it'll be up again in sec after i clear my cache so the old version doesn't keep getting uploaded

EDIT: now it should work with the updated version
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14