Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Dwemer Centurion Companion Development/Discussion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
This thread is for the development of the Dwemer Centurion Companion.I have started work on a companion script that will hopefully produce a smart companion for the player. That script will then be developed further for this companion.

Please pots your ideas/thoughts on what the companion should be able to do, the smarter the better.

Current Scripted Elements

Anyway I will develop the script a lot further for this companion, so far he can:

*Detect when player is sneaking
*Detect when player is in combat
*Stats adjust to players stats
*Alerts player to enemies he is encountering
*Keeps a constant distance, so not to annoy player
*Adjusts his factions to players factions

Player can ask him too:

*Follow - Follows Player
*Wait - Waits in that spot
*Companion Share - Allows player to share equipment
*Dismiss - Send it away

Future Deveopments

*Potential AI Improvements

Spell details

*Allow only one at a time
*Ability to carry players items
*Place chest with players items in
*One summon per 24 hours
*Summon ends when creature dies

--Will be updated as script is developed--
As with some other companion mods the player should have the option of leaving the centurian in a fixed location, such as a home or guild house... in which case the Centurian should br active to commands such as the repairing of weapons and armor and making of potions

Enjoy
Bob
Quote:Originally posted by bob196045
Centurian should br active to commands such as the repairing of weapons and armor and making of potions

:lmao: a moving swiss army knife Cool
Don't make it too over-powered, it is after all, only a centurion. One thing you could maybe do is have it repair your things, but use up repair hammers in the process. It's a machine, and it isn't perfect, but it might have a higher armorer skill than you do.

That way, you would have the equivalent of a master armorer in the field, but it wouldn't be over-powered (like unlimited repairs). And of course, it would only do it out of combat.

Alerting players to enemies sounds cool. Does that mean that the centurion actually points out or indicates where enemies are? or does he just head for enemies near you, even when you can't see them.

If you could add a shader effect to enemies that the centurion can see, i think it would be cool (and really useful) Nothing that goes through walls though.
Quote:Originally posted by Seniosh
Don't make it too over-powered, it is after all, only a centurion. One thing you could maybe do is have it repair your things, but use up repair hammers in the process. It's a machine, and it isn't perfect, but it might have a higher armorer skill than you do.

That way, you would have the equivalent of a master armorer in the field, but it wouldn't be over-powered (like unlimited repairs). And of course, it would only do it out of combat.

Alerting players to enemies sounds cool. Does that mean that the centurion actually points out or indicates where enemies are? or does he just head for enemies near you, even when you can't see them.

If you could add a shader effect to enemies that the centurion can see, I think it would be cool (and really useful) Nothing that goes through walls though.

At the moment he just heads for the enemies and the player recieves a message on-screen. I will try to add a shader effect, sounds cool. I won't make him over-powered. but allowing him to fix armor and weapons is a good idea.

Quote:Originally posted by bob196045
Centurian should br active to commands such as the repairing of weapons and armor and making of potions
[/quote]

Sounds good, will implement. Oh the player can already make him wait in areas anyway.
Quote:Originally posted by Seniosh

Thats how I see it !!
Player must have the repair items available !

Enjoy
Bob

If you could add a shader effect to enemies that the centurion can see, I think it would be cool (and really useful) Nothing that goes through walls though.
Sorry Bob, wrong person for the qote. Ok to answer you, yes i think the player should have at least one repair hammer.
I have been beavering away at the coding for this, mostly completed the main script, including highlighting the companions target, completed companion share, fletching(Making arrows) and repairing.

Now working on a command spell, its essentailly a menu to control the companion. Doing a few fine tweaks and planning how to implement it into a summon.

I got 2 questions.

1. Is is the dwemer centurian spider model the one to use, or another type of dwemer machine?

2. Is the summon lasting as a normal summon, untill the duration runs out or is it untill it dies?
Quote:Originally posted by InsanitySorrow
I have been beavering away at the coding for this, mostly completed the main script, including highlighting the companions target, completed companion share, fletching(Making arrows) and repairing.

Now working on a command spell, its essentailly a menu to control the companion. Doing a few fine tweaks and planning how to implement it into a summon.

I got 2 questions.

1. Is is the dwemer centurian spider model the one to use, or another type of dwemer machine?

I think the best one for this would be the Steam Centuiran OR the Centurian Sphere, but not the Spider

2. Is the summon lasting as a normal summon, untill the duration runs out or is it untill it dies?

The Spell should last until the Centruian is destroyed, the player should only be able to recast if the Centurian is Destroyed

Hope that answers it

With regard to your post prior, what did you mean by Sorry Bob, wrong person for the quote Confusedhrug:

Enjoy
Bob
Thanks Bob, I can get working ASAP.

What I meant was I quoted seniosh and yet had a reply to your post all in the same paragraph. =)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6