Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Height map
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
That looks great Sandor. Thanks!!! :goodjob:

The problem with my computer is that it has enough processing power to play the game and do simple stuff but the height map feature uses more processing power than my laptop can handle.
This island is gonna be awsum :goodjob:
Thankyou sandor! Akavir now has some land (even though it isnt the mainland)! I think we need to start figuring out what models we will use for landscapes.
Right. We need to make a map of different regions on the island (forest, rocks, beach, volcano, etc.) so that whoever does the landscape painting can use it as reference.
Who wants to tackle that? That kind of art is not one of my strong points.
I shall do it. :yes: I will re-colour shiver-tail's original island map, with colour coding for the different terrain types. How does that sound?
Thanks Sandor, it looks great. :goodjob:
And i think Deeza should do the re-colouring :yes:
Sandor, that looks amazing! Thanks so much!

Way to go team-this is really starting to come together.

I haven't ever created my own land mass before, I assume by those pics Sandor posted it already has LOD textures? Will the LOD textures update as we put in forests and such?
It will most likely need to be done again.

As far as I understand it, the LOD files are different depending on how far away you want to be able to see the object from.

For example: a massive object like White-Gold Tower needs to be seen from anywhere in Cyrodiil with a line of sight, so its LOD is set accordingly.

The LOD for trees, rocks etc. are set much nearer because they are smaller.

I hope that's right and answers your question.
Thankyou all and good luck with the teaser. Smile

Quote:Originally posted by ra5946
I haven't ever created my own land mass before, I assume by those pics Sandor posted it already has LOD textures? Will the LOD textures update as we put in forests and such?
You have to update the basic LOD textures (as shown in the screenshots) every time you change the land textures. For example after you generated a new region. If you change the land height you have to regenerate the LOD meshes as well.

The Distant LOD (separately generated) takes care of the trees etc. (placed content with a VWD mesh) as pointed out by Deeza.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8