Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Height map
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Thanks for clearing that up, Sandor. Much appreciated. Is there a wiki somewhere that explains how it all works in detail, for us aspiring landscapers?
Quote:Originally posted by Deeza
Thanks for clearing that up, Sandor. Much appreciated. Is there a wiki somewhere that explains how it all works in detail, for us aspiring landscapers?
Check the following links:

Link 1
Link 2.
Link 3 (VWD).

If you have a technical problem just send a PM because I can't follow every development/discussion.
Thank you very much.
Where are we with the landmass right now? Who is taking responsibility for the next step with it?
You can expect the colour-coded map from me later today.
By color-coded, do you mean all the ground textures?
Thank you Deeza. :goodjob:
OK, here, as promised, is the re-coloured heightmap.

It's just a quick work in paint I'm afraid, since I lack the facilities to do something more complicated. I just tried to keep it as simple and easy to interpret as possible.

Each terrain type has its own colour (I have suggested the type of statics and textures, e.g. bamboo, sand beach, rocks, lava). However, some will probably required a mixture of surface textures to look realistic (e.g. the forest will have small clearings which contain some grass and some bamboo). Also, the western part of the island (the Imperial port and camp) is mostly grassy but has a few patches of trees/bamboo to suggest that it used to be forested too and was cleared to build the settlement.

I hope it helps! Any questions?
Great job :goodjob:
Is this the map that could be used in game?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8