Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Neilious's Dream
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Quote:Originally posted by Caligula Superfly
Ooo! That would we great! Perhaps we could also have a Neilious somewhere in Steadhelm? Cool

Absolutely, not to mention seeing the castle itself modded in as well - that would be very nice indeed Big Grin
Steadhelm was definately a better choice. Big Grin I like the introduction a bit more now.
I feel a quest idea comming on....

Howabout we have the author, who has just written this great novel, want you to help him get it into bookstores in ST's major cities. But then somewhere along the way, you have a chance to find out the true secret, that he actually ripped the story out of some guy's diary in Steadhelm! We could have the author's name be Neilious, a rough draft with another guys name in his house somewhere, and a man living in Steadhelm with that exact name!

Well? What do you think?
Quote:Originally posted by Caligula Superfly
I feel a quest idea comming on....

Howabout we have the author, who has just written this great novel, want you to help him get it into bookstores in ST's major cities. But then somewhere along the way, you have a chance to find out the true secret, that he actually ripped the story out of some guy's diary in Steadhelm! We could have the author's name be Neilious, a rough draft with another guys name in his house somewhere, and a man living in Steadhelm with that exact name!

Well? What do you think?

I think that's a good quest idea. It's highly original, and non-violent quests are always a nice break from the more commonly occuring action-oriented ones. Perhaps you would like to flesh it out and post it on the Quest Discussion board?

It's good to know what locations people would like to mod in our towns so the person who sets up for instance Steadhelm's exteriors can take that into consideration right from the beginning. The character descriptions might also inspire others to write quest drafts or stories that involves one or more of them. What do you think?
Sounds good, I had planned on doing that. I have a few ideas on how to flesh it out a bit, ill start working on a draft some time today.
Sounds awesome. I'm just curious about why the author that ripped the story would use the same name as the man that he ripped it from... ?(
Nono, the book he shows you would be using his name, and a rough draft that you could find somewhere in his house shows the true author's name.
Oh! Oh I see. That makes much more sense.
Would something like this work?
[Image: thumb_Razorwing_Neilious_Dream_scr1.jpg]
It looks quite nice RW. :goodjob:

I was reading a texturing tutorial today about creating new textures (looks amazingly fun) and I saw an amazing model of a shed, it looked very realistic with the textures. Well, he mentioned that he used bevels instead of extrusions to give it it's curves. I don't know what you use, but it may come in handy some time. He also mentioned that he didn't use any straight lines, that everything had a slight curve to it to make it more 'natural.' Sometimes he used a noise modifier to break up the lines.

Here is a link to the tutorial if you want to take look at it. I think that maybe adding some of the features that he talked briefly about could give it a bit of a worn look to the diary. Assuming that he is an Imperial champion, he is a bit older than most of his men, so having a worn diary/journal would work well.

http://www.tutorialized.com/tutorial/Rea...uring/7404
Pages: 1 2 3 4