Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Sachiel's Rocks (and caves)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi, I just thought I'd draw attention to Sachiel's excellent work over here: Rocks (and now: a cave) . These models may have more relevance in BM than ST.
I acquired these rocks, which I plan to use in the preset cell of the Naga-Cradle Jungle. As yet, they are untextured and I'm told that one of them is incomplete. But for the complete ones, I wondered if one of our modellers might like to have a play with them and see what textures they could come up with that would suit the jungle regions.

After Blackwood is completed, I think we will need some more custom assets for either the Parchlands or the Jungle. If I don't do so within the coming week, please nudge me to remind me to set up a thread that will detail the requested environmental features and open a discussion on what to use.

In the meantime, here are Sachiel's rocks: https://www.yousendit.com/download/Y2o4W...bUpMWEE9PQ
Looks realy nice, and it will probably be very usefull.
I had a play with these...they are absolutely stunning! I'm presently trying to find out what I need to do in order to make sure that the textures are correct, that there are no purple bits on the carved-rock path and if it is possible to get the exterior model to go with the cave (seems odd to have no exterior). But look at the potential here...

...I asked Sachiel for imaginative rocks and he really delivered. I loved the natural bridges but the idea of having a settlement set within a cave was too good to let go...sadly, I think Sachiel himself is busy with work lately...I believe (and sincerely hope) he will return.
Wow, that looks great! I like the idea of a cave village too... the question is where we put it... any ideas?
Looks very good, and does the village have to be an official one, I mena, it might aswell be a bandcit camp?
Good point. Either way we should put it in somewhere.
Well, I was thinking of having the settlement of Tenmar Wall (which is supposed to be bandit-ridden as I understand it) set inside the rockface of the 'wall'. If I can get the stone steps sorted then that might form the route up to the entrance but at the moment it's a case of getting all of the textures sorted.....I'm speaking to RW at ST about getting a suitable door to the cave which can then be used as an interior transport location....hopefully, he can help out a little with stuff like UV mapping.
Yes, this would be perfect for Tenmar Wall. And you're right, it's full of Argonian revolutionaries (basically bandits with better catchphrases) Big Grin
Hi there.

I've not forgotten about you guys. Hope I'll find some time to dedicate to your project again this year. Happy new year, btw. Big Grin
Pages: 1 2