Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Shiver-Tail's Architecture
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
The following are WIP (!!!) and basic meshes, the textures are NOT final, these are just to show what I THINK IT WOULD LOOK LIKE (and to send 'em to Ra later so that he can say his spell and turn 'em into one of his marvellous creations Wink )

TREBUCHET
[Image: trebuchet2.jpg]
no extra details...

CANNON (hehehe, gangnagna, little teaser of my BIG IDEA)
[Image: cannon_2.jpg]
no extra details... (yet)

TSAESCI SACRIFICIAL PIT
[Image: TsaesciPIT.jpg]
maybe one for the island mod?

TSAESCI WATERING HOLE (located in the still WIP capital)
[Image: TsaeCITY.jpg]
detail: again, WATER IS WIP! (it isn't even water, it's just me being lazy and thus picking a texture :eek: )

TSAESCI TEMPLE
[Image: TSAEziggurat.jpg]

(top view)
[Image: TSAEziggurat2.jpg]
1. the thing locted ate the upper edge is a ziggurat (the blue circle is a sacrificlial pit with some survivors inside, living from corpses= QUEST)

2. The red Y is the "dead man walking" lane, leading prisoners to the arena wich is....

3. HERE, meaning the the circle between the legs of the Y and inbetween the golden quads(where Tsaesci watch how the prisoners fight)

4. the outer quad is a wall, to protect the temple (the red quad is the enterance, marked with blood :alert: )

@Ra: like it? ===> pb, i'll send 'em over (as a .obj file)
@evryone else
hope you like it! :yes: and please keep in mind that it's still WIP (ra has to complete it, because i don't have the progrma he has... 3ds max, right?)

(IMPORTANT NOTE: i'll post pictures of my 3D characters as soon as i find out how i take screenies in ZBrush 3 :lmao: )
I like them. :goodjob:
I think it's fascinating Shivertail. Welcome back.

Glad to see you drop by Senten.
Very nice!!!

Yes- send them. I'll start from top to bottom. Are the first 2 for looks or should the be functional? I'm pretty sure I can make the trebuchet swing and launch, but I might be hard for me to figure out how to make it actually "shoot" a projectile.

You can shoot the objects to

kstarkweather@noelleharris.com

Also since they are your creations, what kind of wood texture you want on the first guy (old, grainy, red brown etc)
Some excellent work Shiver-tail! I'm now more confident that with your skills, we can get a strong hold on the project. FYI, you can actually import these sketchup models into blender (i think its a kmz importer that you need for blender)! and from there, it is possible to export again to a more suitable 3d file like obj or something.

i also noticed that you've started wondering away from asiatic themes. whether or not we intend to keep the asian theme, they can easily be restored via textures and decorative elements.

(another note. once you start sketchup, its hard to pull away onto other 3d modelling programs. i did the reverse and used wings3d and then sketchup and found it too hard Tongue)
It's great to see some new models!

BTW, mr siika has already made a functioning catapult, so you might like to work on the others instead (no sense repeating work that's already been done).

As for the style, it looks great (makes Akavir a bit more alien, as opposed to purely japanese - I like it)
Thanks for all the positive replies!
I wanted the factions architecture to represent real-world civilisations
for example: Monkey-religion? = Indonesia ==> Tang Mo get indonesian style
Ka Po get Indian
Tsaesci get Maya
Knifeblossom Japan
Kamal get Tibet
Ummm... a lot of the Tsaesci stuff that's already been done looks kind of japanese.

Although a mixture of Japanese and Mayan architecture would be awesome, come to think of it...

A question:
Do your modelling skills extend to making objects? Because the Tang Mo need weapons, armour, masks, totems, statues and so on (their architecture is already done I believe). I have posted a lot of concept art in the Tang Mo thread.
I think Kodama had Japanese in mind for tsaesci because of the beth soft lore and his own sword collecting hobby -- the mixture of Mayan and Japanese for Tsaesci would very definitely be both unique and complex. I do like the concept. (Knifeblossom is the surviving "prey"/rebels from the Tsaesci lands).

It sounds like there is some general agreement about the real life cultures we want to draw from for inspiration for these races.
I think we should try for something unique (a mix of Japanese and Mayan would be perfect - I doubt anyone's ever done that). As I recall Lady Nerevar saying, there's no point making a crazy fantasy land that's exactly like real-world asia.
Pages: 1 2 3