Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Black Marsh OST
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Alright, a current version of a battle theme is up here.

This is a rework of the old idea that I posted here a while back. The style is largely ambient with less melody and lots of air.
There's a nice note of tension to it. A slight upping of the orchestral elements a little further later on might just crank it up for big battles! =)
To me it sounds like kinda "tension" track, before the actual battle, something in dungeons. However, nice idea and I hope you can develop it further. :goodjob:
Atmospheric. Smile
I actually aimed more for tension than all-out combat. I was toying with the idea of having it blow up after a second of silence.

How much of combat are we talking here, in terms of epic-ness? I don't want to go too far. Does the mod contain high-profile struggles? I felt that some of the songs from Oblivion were excessive when a single goblin was the only enemy around. Those kind of situations are closer to just tension.

Also, I found that the 'drums in the mist'-business was an interesting idea, keeping the battles low-key; subtle tension. However, the swing vote goes to Ibsen and his ghost!
There's a little melodic, orchestral movement about 3 quarters through that I felt could be worked on a little further down the line....it might even build it up to a crescendo. I don't think anything needs changing though, just, as mirrored commented, developing....the tension of the 'drums in the mist' idea is perfect for not knowing what it is that's coming for you. =)
New battle theme up here. This one is more hectic and chaotic. It also has an echo of the TESIV/TESIII theme. Some things still need to be fixed. I'll look at it again tomorrow when my ears have reset.
It's 1.30 min long, the standard for the TESIV battle music.

There's also a little improvisational diddy, a calm harp piece.

On a side note, I've been dying from the heat and other problems have stunted my progress a bit but I recently received some good news and things should start shaping up by the end of Summer.

I check these forums daily. It's nice to see Argonia coming to life.
Always good to hear from you, Xae!

I especially like the string sections towards the end.....and the harp is absolutely gorgeous! I love harps. This is definitely going to be used somewhere....even if we have to shoehorn it into place. It might actually have enough of an 'otherworldly' sound as to warrant it being related to the Hist Dimension....
It sounded really cool, Xaeaix! Nice job on that piece of music.

Koniption
Something new, here, as usual. Still a wip, and don't mind the choir legato lines.
Nice stuff :goodjob: . It's subtle. More melody, less choir. Although I really like the choir, I'm not sure it fits in a public setting...a little would be fine though, I'd imagine. We still have a Cathedral in Stormhold, for example.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12