Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Black Marsh OST
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
I love the new melodic elements and various other ambients....the whole collection blends together really nicely and is particularly spooky in the dungeon areas! Great work! :goodjob: The battle clip is superb as well but it's not finished yet...? Pushing up the tempo for the last part should make it work brilliantly. And I really like the 'Welcome to Argonia' track. It's perfect! Big Grin

Just so you know, here are some screenshots of the rootworm tileset: Rootworm Tunnels tileset . I remember you asking for screenshots. =)
Alright, my drive is here and I'm almost done copying over the samples. I'll be back to work shortly.

The rootworm looks really good, and I know I won't be scrounging for health potions in something's cancer. I'll take a look at stretching and layering some samples and sfx to find a suitable moan for this creature. I think a strictly dark ambience track could really set it apart from the other dungeons; a subtle "Do I hear something?"-mix with the odd chromatic chordal change to set the mood.
Sounds awesome, Xae! Yes, finding a suitable moan would be wonderful! Big Grin
Are you going to script the music?
Tbh, I'm not entirely sure yet. What did you do with Akavir?
To be honest - I was thinking of my soundtrack as an addition to the original one, what means - putting appropriate tracks in appropriate folders (minus Town music, since we wanted to make open villages/cities as it was in Morrowind). It will be up to users if they want to just add new music or remove the original soundtrack and only leave the Akavir Island's one.

Cheers,
Mirrored
I think the open cities thing would be great for BM. Have you decided how to go about the cities, Ibsen?
As someone with a slow computer, I'm firmly against Open Cities because of the lag that I'd get. Plus I've never really seen the advantage, especially if things like 'fast travel' are an option. It only comes across to me as a very minor cosmetic change.
Alright, I've looked through some of my samples and soundsources. Have a listen to some possible "rootworm ambience". It's around 40 seconds for now. OBSE would be ideal for implementing some clips to be played at random.

Ah. I hope there's a way to have closed cities but without the need for really high walls and gates.
Nice! You've got a good array of materials to go with there. What I'd add to the mix is more of a cattle/whale-like moan that is fairly elongated and serves as a backdrop to something like a dull piano ditty so that the two work together in the same way that a bass and a lead guitar do (sorry if I'm not that good at describing music, btw).

If I was looking to ditch anything then I guess the crackles might go. It's not that I don't like them because I think it's a damn shame to get rid of them...they sound really creepy! But perhaps they would best be replaced by more organic, sucking, muscle-stretching and gaseous escapes (that might also be used as a percussive instrument, I guess). That would fit with the idea of the rootworm slowly rotting and becoming infested by parasites. Ah, such a lovely theme! Big Grin

Then again, crackles might reflect the eruptions of bones cracking...but I would use it sparingly, particularly as such crackles would fit in well in other dungeons of BM where there might be roots.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12