Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Tel Gavos [Finished]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
An overview map made by TheImperialDragon. Smile

[Image: MapTelGavos.png]

Background.

Tel Gavos was built with permission of the Silgrad city council. The owner is a renegade mage (an outcast) and he payed a lot of money for "his" canyon. In return he has to offer magical services to the Silgrad city council.

To do.
  • Reshape the canyon so it looks more natural.
  • Add vertex shading (colors) to the larger rocks and the walls of the canyon.
  • Add medium to large sized rocks to the walls of the canyon to conceal the stretched textures.
  • Use the Silgrad hills assets (surrounding area).
  • Create a Telvanni tower plus interior using Jon's tileset.
  • Use Dunmer assets for the interior.
  • Create a dirt road (add vertex shading as well) from the entrance of the canyon to the tower.
  • Check for floaters, I (sandor) removed everything I saw after creating the canyon but I am quite sure I missed a few.
  • Add a little garden near the tower.
  • Add full AI, dialogue and exterior PG's as well.
  • Main cell (STLand): Tel Gavos (coc Tel Gavos).
  • Maximum number of NPC's besides the mage, 2 guards and three servants (non Dunmer).
Update: The exterior is done. There is a PG through the canyon. The interiors are fully cluttered and lit. All PGs are done and NPCs are created. All that needs to be done is AI and Dialogue.

@sandor, when is the next .esm going to be ready? I need it to finish the Dialogue, because of some dialogue I added in the Wizard's Underwater Dome.
Quote:Originally posted by jucklesjenk

@sandor, when is the next .esm going to be ready? I need it to finish the Dialogue, because of some dialogue I added in the Wizard's Underwater Dome.
Prob. later today.
Thanks. Smile

After many hours of work, here is version 1:
Very nice modding! Smile
Review.
  • Make sure to lock the doors when the servants are working/sleeping.
  • Lock the tower during the night.
  • Change the name for Erissya's key.
  • If you create a new interior position the first piece of the tileset (or an interior) at X, Y, Z = 0, 0, 0. It's easier for us reviewers.
  • Add a door or remove the door jamb (screenshot).
  • For the guard dialogue change teh second or to AND.
  • Add the SHC50 topic.
  • Add the "StSrGenericDialsforST" faction to the wizard. Isn't his personality a bit low?
  • Make sure the packages are chronological (for every NPC).
  • Check "weapons unequipped" for every eat/read pack when sitting (the packs for the guards are fine).
  • When on guard duty set the radius to 128 it's more natural.
  • Add a guard patrol pack for the exterior.
  • Vary the level (all 1) for the three servants.
  • House01 rotate the cups and so on.
  • House01/02 add more clutter like shoes, bottles, soap, food items, containers etc.
  • The same applies to the tower.
  • Rotate the mushrooms, the same applies to the other flora (lower tower).
  • Add vertex shading (e.g. light grey) to the path and remove it where necessary (from rocks, flora).
  • Add a small garden to the exterior.

General remarks.

IMO the interiors are quite dark.

Please diversify the NPC inventories by adding more stuff, you could use leveled items.

Add more loot to the upper tower, locked into chests etc.

Improve the AI, make it a lot more complex using these new anims as well.
The servants could use a broom, make sure there are two to three eat packs.

The wizard could wander in the canyon protected by his guard.

Use a "StRwZFalseGround01"placed just above the floor (lower tower) to hide the (stone) floor texture. Don't forget to adjust the PG.

Resuming.

Very nice work, no floating, bleeding as usual. :goodjob:

EDIT
Use the latest version of the esm, your cells start with "StJk".
Here's v1.1

Quote:Originally posted by sandor
•Add the SHC50 topic.
I didn't add it originally because it means that you have to have already been to the Underwater Dome before this dialogue option becomes available, which is why the dialogue itself reads something along the lines of: "You've met my apprentice?" etc.

Quote:Originally posted by sandor
Isn't his personality a bit low?
That's because in TES lore, Telvanni wizards are typically very awkward people who generally don't like visitors. I know that this isn't your typical Telvanni wizard, but I guess he has been kicked out of the Telvanni which would probably make him more angry.
Thanks for the update. Smile
The file has been merged. :check:

Nice work. :goodjob:
FYI (I forgot it to mention in my previous post)

I fixed the vertex shading and a few minor AI problems.
The SHC50 topic becomes available after you talked to the SHC50 wizard.
Pages: 1 2