Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Valenwood Homepage - Layout Submissions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Since we desided to create a homepage for this mod, I volunteered to create it. I wouldn't like being responsible for the whole thing on my own though, so I'd like everybody who feels fit for this to submit a little layout of how they imagine the site. Think about things like: general layout, design, implemented features (i.e. forum?) and so on. I'd appreciate little pictures showing your ideas.

Hoping to see a lot of good suggestions here Smile
Guten morgen !

An idea I have for sure, but it could be rather hard to implement. You know, the Assassins's Creed commercial, the shortest one, showing Altair jumping off a roof. Well, I find the actual image on the top of the page very interesting - the Centaur. It could be nice - in my vision - to have an introduction movie (very short, 30 sec. max) showing the deep foliage forest, and (probably an Oblivion character, orc, dunmer, maybe dremora or something foreign anyway) hearing the noise made by a gallop, with the result coming in a blink: the Centaur coming out of the bushes and piercing with an arrow (or passing through the bushes, just like a shadow, but still accurately shooting). End of the movie. The visitor is proceeded to the site.actually, the movie could only be available for the High streaming version - the Low streaming could, instead, show a picture - artwork (btw, if you need some and someone, I could do that).

You guys please tell me if you understand something. If not, I'm sorry, but I only wake up an hour ago...

Anyway, have everyone a nice day !
Haha, Guten Morgen Kamerad! Wink

I like your idea. Introduction movies actually piss me off, personally. Since I didn't come to the site to watch the Trailer, I want to read infos on it. But it's a great platform for commercial use. The difficulty would be more in making that movie than including it on the site. I own professional video editing software, but I don't think I quite got your idea. Maybe a little storyboard or s.th. similar?

Cheers,
the doc Smile

Edit: This is my submission. I've made some pictures so you can get a good idea of what I'm talking about.

A) Optional Introduction page including movie
B) Refered to the Home page, navigation in header and/or sidebar
Ok, I will detail here:

1. The background: deep forest. The camera advances towards a character that walks in (or camps in a glade) - could also be a contingent of imperials
2. The forest noises become to extinct as the character/the group becomes alert of something.
3. We hear a gallop noise that become louder
4. The Centaur flashes and shoots a deadly arrow from the course, before vanishing in the forest's depth.

Here's a visual example of the "suddenness" effect:

Area 51 Arcade (0:26 - 0:48)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGqlBKnVWXc

Assassin's Creed 1 (0:16 to 0:25)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ShQFFJsM...re=related

For some ambush idea:

Praetorians intro:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkJUsH6QqWc

Anyway, the movie could have (and I risk my skin by adding "should have") a mind-blowing effect, since people worked a lot to conceive this mod (and possible further issues, let's hope).
A group of imperials? On the isles? I'd rather vote for a bosmer hunter. And I don't think we have a centaur model so far? ^^
Besides that, good idea. But i'd love to hear more oppinions on that Smile

Edit: Besides that, I don't get the connection between a centaur (on the isles?!?!) and the story or intend of the mod. Maybe replace it by something else? Like one of the survivors? Or a wild animal?
Oh... stupid head I have... :bash:

Of course, it's all about the image just top of the page. And, yes, my idea was about the global view of the province - but since the mod is exclusively based on the islands, it is clear it's far away from it.

But sure, the imperials may arrive and intent to take possession of the islands, eagerly as usual. To develop an idea on another thread here, they could be also eagerly roasted by hungry natives... don't you think ? :yes:
But the game lacks roasters, as they can be seen in Gothic 3 for instance. Anyway, if it's only based on the islands, then I'm still thinking...

Yes, one of the survivors. It could also have VO, like Oblivion's intro, where the emperor makes his speech. Describing a possible ancient wreckage, then the very terrible fate of the other crew members.
I like the idea of a Oblivion-like intro way better. Have an old male bosmer talking about a story when he was young, companied by some images of the isles and night, showing some animals and at last a crashed shipsite or s.th. similar. Please keep in mind that this thread is actually not here to serve for such a discussion. Open up a new thread providing the information we have by now to start an actual discussion about it Smile
Your basic layout looks fine to me, drmccoy.

Only suggestion I make is that rather than a single "media" screen we have one for screenshots and one for videos?

As for the skippable intro, why not just use the video that's been on youtube for a year now? (Perhaps at a higher resolution?) We could extend it a little to include an intro to the plot, but it seems to me to be pretty much perfect as it is.
Which vid exactly are you talking about?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCEK1u-fMmI

I was thinking maybe we could re-edit it to include new content that's been added since it was made.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5