Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: EGRS0103 - "Kulu-Hees" (Completed)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Just to remind everyone, there's a second (probably smaller) Paatru village in our beta area called Kulu-Hees. What are we going to do about it?

Also, now that we have the seashell houses from morcroft in the work, are we going to include the two south coast villages at Asashpan and Ixioton? I only ask because the Imperial colony that's there (Moonmarch) has already been done as far as I know....
Don't count too heavily on the seashell houses.... I don't want to disappoint, and I'm finding the organic shapes are really straining my (profoundly limited) Blender skills. I made that clam for landscaping, but it's just rock-sized.
I'll probably try to do some more landscape shells. They might scale up for the exteriors of houses, but the interiors are hard.
No worries, just wanted some idea of the current state of play. Don't forget that we also have Koniption's turtle-shell houses, which haven't been used yet.

I've been playing around with the CS and would like to claim Kulu-hees as well. Unlike Glok-chuba I think this one should be above ground. I'll make a few screens to show everyone the kind of thing I mean.
I'd originally given Kulu-Hees to PhiniusMaster who contacted me on the Bethsoft forums looking for another settlement claim. That was fairly recently but I haven't seen any sign of him since. Hang about a bit to see if he turns up then you can take it.

Regarding Asashpan and Ixototon, I'd prefer to continue to work exclusively on the beta regions for now. I'm tempted to set up more settlements but without the others properly established with some good solid interiors, it would take manpower away from the essential matter of getting a workable set of regions. My thinking was that I could open them up but only as a sort of 'reward' for modding elsewhere (seeing as settlements are quite popular, unlike interiors and landscaping).

When our modellers have more time to work on unique architectures then we can make them look really special too. Some of Senten's stuff that he created for Elsweyr's jungles might be particularly appropriate amongst the mangroves....although permission would need to be requested.

Moonmarch is NOT done. TheGreyWizard worked on that one, didn't he? When I took over, I got the esm and a smattering of nif files but TGW's work hadn't been merged. The last I heard from TGW he was having a rough time of things. He planned to return....but said it would likely be a long time if it happened. I tried to get the files off him too but there were technical problems with that which I couldn't understand...
Test of concept for Kulu-Hees:
Just to clarify, Deeza has a temporary problem with textures here but this shows how the residents of Kulu-Hees may have benefitted from Paatru architecture since slavery was abolished, leaving Argonians free to live alongside a few nervy Paatru out in the open for the first time. The actual textures can be found in the Glok-Chuba screenies but we're considering a possible retex for the swamps if these don't work well in the environment.....
Aww - and I was really looking forward to people living in gumballs...!
Big Grin
Haha, I like how you put a bunch of those "gumball" houses together to make it looks like a large gumball district (I mean how it looks like you actually set the gumball houses into each other, physically - looks like a nice artistic use for them).

Reminds me of those insects that make round mud nests. ( wasps ??? )

Koniption
Actually, that nest idea got me thinking.... perhaps, with appropriate retexing, this could be used as a basis for the Sarpa nests? We could have a mesh inside them for nests themselves (complete with eggs)...

I believe that Drake's dragon mod, which was to be used as a base for the sarpa, is now complete.
Pages: 1 2 3