Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: DMRL0113 "Southern Darkmoor" (Completed)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost
[...snip...]
@ Koniption - Btw, your cobweb net is very useful although there appears to be a visible seam where the model bends. Is it possible to correct this? I can show you a pic of this with a later post if needs be.

Looking like an arachnaphobe's nightmare! (in a good way, of course!)

Do you mean the actual mesh is bent in a certain place??? Cause all the cobweb meshes are straight up square planes, one for each side. They should be perfectly square planes, so no bending should happen.

Or do you mean something else? Tell me which cobweb model it is that is causing issues (nif name). Also please send a screenshot of the model, with the area of concern circled in red, or some other color. It could also be a UVMapping issue..

Koniption
Here's a pic of the web mesh I'm referring to. I couldn't upload this before as I was busy showing off Darkmoor's loveliness... =)

I'ts quite distinct and I'm not quite so sure what's causing it. At times, the way I have placed some webs they look a little too 'tacked on' but the lines are affecting the sense of realism a bit much, unfortunately. Otherwise, it's a highly useful mesh and will be great for its original intention.....I requested it as a 'top of cave roof' model (where this error will probably be less noticeable).

The model can be found in the CS here: Static - blackmarsh - Clutters - DUN - BMWebNet
The pic isn't showing...
Here's a pic of the web mesh I'm referring to. I couldn't upload this before as I was busy showing off Darkmoor's loveliness... =)

I'ts quite distinct and I'm not quite so sure what's causing it. At times, the way I have placed some webs they look a little too 'tacked on' but the lines are affecting the sense of realism a bit much, unfortunately. Otherwise, it's a highly useful mesh and will be great for its original intention.....I requested it as a 'top of cave roof' model (where this error will probably be less noticeable).

The model can be found in the CS here: Static - blackmarsh - Clutters - DUN - BMWebNet

OK, I'll take a look at it.

KP

EDIT: the web has been fixed. Check your PM inbox, IG.
Looks a bit like "set smooth" hasn't been set on the mesh - and I've yet to find a way to tell in Blender whether that's set or not. Easy to change it - just can't tell what it is in the first place.
Quote:Originally posted by morcroft
Looks a bit like "set smooth" hasn't been set on the mesh - and I've yet to find a way to tell in Blender whether that's set or not. Easy to change it - just can't tell what it is in the first place.

I think you have to not be in "Textured" mode, but rather be in "Solid" mode for the model, to see if it's been smoothed or not. If it's not smoothed, the "Solid" mode will definitely show a faceted and hard edged look...and when "Set Smooth" is applied, the "Solid" mode of the model very visibly shows the model as suddenly smoothed.

You can't tell the changes in the "Textured" mode, though. It just doesn't show up there.

You can also smooth the mesh in Nifskope, so I think I'll do that instead.

Koniption
Oook! I missed these posts somehow. Thanks KP. I'll make my way to my inbox now. :goodjob:
About 20 cells to go of this claim...from around 114 approx. =)
About 20 cells to go of this claim...from around 114 approx. =)

:banana:

KP
Consider this as done. There are now about 9 cells from -14,-16 to -06,-16 that I can't mod until Northern Darkmoor is merged. However, it should just be fairly simple stuff to do as it tends to be along riverbanks where not much needs doing.

I will be uploading two new dungeon claims. One a mossy ruin from Northern Darkmoor called 'Wrothwyll Fen' and another from Southern Darkmoor called 'Tangleweave Caverns' (our spider cave).

I'm archiving this baby... :check:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7