Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Stormhold Castle
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Work in progress by me. Interiors approx. 50% done.

Scripts needed:
Elevator made from an Ayleid block in Shivers-in-Starlight's tower. Also, swinging blades coming out from the walls as the elevator ascends.

Security system for the offices of the paranoid Governor of BM. The waiting room outside is full of poison gas vents, which are triggered if the player has a weapon in their inventory when they enter.
I added these to this thread: CLAIM: Black Marsh Scripts .
Thanks Ibsen. Possibily the "Corpse Masher" script from the turrets in the Oblivion Realms could be modified for the elevator.
I've seen elevator scripts before and I'm sure I came across one in some dungeon mod. I do know that Razorwing had a few troubles with his own tree elevator but then it appeared to get sorted.
Quote:Originally posted by Deeza
Scripts needed:
Elevator made from an Ayleid block in Shivers-in-Starlight's tower. Also, swinging blades coming out from the walls as the elevator ascends.
These sound like something I might be interested in. How does the elevator work exactly? Is it like the ascention lifts in the towers you find on the plains of Oblivion? Or is it more like a floating platform?

Security system for the offices of the paranoid Governor of BM. The waiting room outside is full of poison gas vents, which are triggered if the player has a weapon in their inventory when they enter.
The poison gas vents shouldn't be too difficult. Probably the hardest part would be figuring out if the player is carrying a weapon.

One way I can think of is a script that walks through the player's inventory until it finds a weapon. This method requires OBSE though and it will probably require quite a bit of processing power.

If you change your mind and decide to rather check if the player has a weapon equipped, that would make things easier. The method I'm thinking of also requires OBSE though. I'll look at the CS wiki and see if there could be something else.
The elevator is a floating stone block that starts rising when you jump on it. Unless you have permission from Shivers-in-Starlight (the castle mage), a bunch of those swinging blades from the Ayleid ruins flip out to dice you as you ascend.

Perhaps it would be easier to have the guard take all your weapons (like the Mythic Dawn goon does in the MQ), and the door is scripted so that the only way you can get in without surrendering your weapons is if you kill the guard, in which case the gas vents will trigger?

Is that feasible?
I'd make it so you could sneak past, personally and drop hints that it may be possible to do so. They should already be aware that the Governor is legendarily paranoid and if not....then they're suckers! Big Grin
The Castle has now been finished. As for NPCs, that will require some planning as to who is there, what they should do etc. I think the best place to discuss that would probably be the Quests forum, so this thread could be moved there.
Done. :check:
The elevator is a floating stone block that starts rising when you jump on it. Unless you have permission from Shivers-in-Starlight (the castle mage), a bunch of those swinging blades from the Ayleid ruins flip out to dice you as you ascend.
I remember a quest mod I played about 2 years ago called Quest for the Elements which had some platforms which rise into the sky when the player uses them. If this mod is still available somewhere, we might be able to get some ideas from there.

Perhaps it would be easier to have the guard take all your weapons (like the Mythic Dawn goon does in the MQ), and the door is scripted so that the only way you can get in without surrendering your weapons is if you kill the guard, in which case the gas vents will trigger?

Is that feasible?
The only problem, again, is that the guard's dialogue would require a script which walks through the player's inventory and removes any weapons it finds. Hence, the dependance on OBSE is not removed. The Mythic Dawn MQ script is much simpler because it is instructed to remove every single item from the player's inventory, not just specific items.

Also, I did a brief search of the CS Wiki and I am convinced that there are no other script commands that can help you get this feature working without OBSE. I could be wrong though.
Pages: 1 2 3